tell me all about tires

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$213.34 for a new rubber all around is great. u happen to price out any other similar options?

I shopped the big boys (Razr, etc) and just can't justify the coin this close to Christmas.

I priced out the CST Ambush mentioned in another thread here at Pure Offroad http://www.pureoffroad.com/cst_ambush_atv_tires.htm

Stock Fronts are $60 a piece and Rears are $67 each for a total of $254 (With Free Shipping)

With the cost of shipping at Tyres1.com of $43 the total price is roughly the same but there were a couple of key differences between the 2 deals that made the decision to go BKT easy:

1. BKT HD's are 6 ply versus the 4ply CST
2. I'm just not feeling the street-ish tread pattern and low profile lugs on the CST fronts.
3. The CST rears have been on backorder for a while and they only update you get is we hope to have some in 2-3 weeks. (I got the same result on 2 or 3 other sites that sell the CST)

I found a set of 4 Camo Innova brand hoops on the 'Bay for something like $125 delivered. Couldn't pass them up. Don't know if they will last or have any bite, haven't tried them yet. They kinda have a Razr looking X tread on the rears.
Has anyone tried them?

Thanks for clearing it up. Seems the AT111 are the way to go.

Camo

Nope, but they sure do look cool. I wanna see some pic of them mounted.

Plastic is all light gray ('93) with solid blue seat. Shock covers hide the ghastly stock pink springs :0.

LFsusp.jpg

LFwheelfrm.jpg

Last edited:
just wanted to add my 2 cents

I just ordered a set of dunlops from motorcyclesuperstore.com for $163.00 for all four. great deal. Had alot of other deals , even better ones, just not in the sizes i was looking for. also check motosport.com and rockymountainatv.com, also great sources. As to what size you should get, here is a quick analysis that should help. we'll use 22x10x9 for reference purpose. the first number is tire height in inches, keep all tires the same but you can get any size depending on what kind of riding you do. stock height was 22, i put 23's on mine. the second number is simply the width in inches , it is generally not recommended to go more than 2 inches wider than your rim is. your rim should be clearly stamped on the face of the rim around the hub somewhere. the third number is the rim size in inches. keep in mind if you have stock wheels the rear is a 9 inch while the front is 10 inches. hope this helps.

Wicked look MOTO, let us know how they hold up for yah.

MARLIN, you buy the stock dunlops?

don't know if they are stock. kt705 for the rear and kt701 for the front. they actually wont be here until tuesday.

we just bought this thing so still learning about warriors. actually we traded a yz125 for it. it's my sons.pretty bad bike though. lowered front end, widened adjustable front end, widened durablue rear axle, stretched swingarm, full fmf exhaust with power bomb header, bored .40 over, jetted, the list goes on. funny thing though, everyone on here seems to be trying to widen and stretch theirs and we're trying to get this thing back stock.

we just bought this thing so still learning about warriors. actually we traded a yz125 for it. it's my sons.pretty bad bike though. lowered front end, widened adjustable front end, widened durablue rear axle, stretched swingarm, full fmf exhaust with power bomb header, bored .40 over, jetted, the list goes on. funny thing though, everyone on here seems to be trying to widen and stretch theirs and we're trying to get this thing back stock.

Well heck if you really want it back to stock I would be willing to trade you your extended singer and a arms for my stock ones. I'll even pay the shipping

Well heck if you really want it back to stock I would be willing to trade you your extended singer and a arms for my stock ones. I'll even pay the shipping

I was gonna say i have a stock swinger and a arms haha. These quads r to narrow stock for me.

well, actually i'm making it slimmer for my son cause we do mostly trail riding and some of them are kinda tight in places. I am leaving it stretched out to help keep the front end on the ground. But, i have most if the parts i need to build another so i'm going to pimp it out with all these mods. The guy I got it from had a complete spare frame and various other stuff that he gave me and I just bought a complete motor and tranny and tons of parts from a guy for $200. So i think i'm going to build me one. just to play with. But thanks for the offers.

Latest posts

Back