tell me all about tires

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We1Dont7Die

Reaction score
I don't know a thing about tires and rims. How can I find out what size rims I have? I need to get new tires all around and I want tires that are bigger and more round with a lot of bite. Tires I have now are not round in the back, they are flat and I get hung up on things on trails.

stock warrior wheels are 9 inches in diameter. if your looking for a taller tire for more ground clearance, i would suggest ITP mudlights in 22x12x9. i had them on my 87 for awhile and man they are awesome in the mud and rough trails. only reason i sold them was because they didnt handle the way i wanted. Another good tire is the Kenda Bear Claws.

Front tires, i would suggest the front tires Deadlast has. they are BKT i think. same tread design as the RAZR's just alot cheaper!!

I was on the itp websites and they dont offer the size you say I should get?

I just had a look and the rear tires I currently have are 20x10-9. I found out what the numbers mean. So I'm curious..can i go to 22x12-9? thats 2 inches taller and 2 wider correct?

Nope, tires only. If a company was sellin rims and tries for $64! Holy chit would they make a killin if it was actually a good product. If you have stock rims your all good.

Front stock tire size: 22x7x10
Rear stock tire size: 22x10x9

Fell free to run any variation of the size you like (18, 20, 21, 23) and the width can vary slightly as well. Stick to the correct rim size though.

Well you really want to watch the first and last numbers of tires, the first is your height, the last number is the rim diameter, the middle is what is called aspect ratio, and is part of the sidewall height to the over all height of the tire, if any of that make sense.

OK I thought i had it figured out but now im confused. I want to buy these https://tyres1.com/Products/Tires/BKT-AT111.aspx in 22 11-9 but thats the measurement of the back tire...How do I know if they will send me the correct front tires? The listing seems to be for the front tire with a free back tire included.

OK I thought i had it figured out but now im confused. I want to buy these https://tyres1.com/Products/Tires/BKT-AT111.aspx in 22 11-9 but thats the measurement of the back tire...How do I know if they will send me the correct front tires? The listing seems to be for the front tire with a free back tire included.

No free tires, they are priced individually, the picture just shows an example of a front and a rear. Stock front tires are 22 7x10

easyest way is to call them up. Tell'em you want a 22x11x9 rear and a 22x7x10 front. (that is if you want to run a 22 22 set up.) They will give you your total.

I see that free rear note, I'd ask about that, doesn't make much sense.

I've got these in my shopping cart waiting for after the Christmas spending is over.

Remove
BKT AT111 22X7-10/6 AT-111 HD (Item #7-722HD)
2 Units 42.71 Total
PriceDetail.gif

Remove BKT AT111 22X11-9/6 AT-111 HD (Item #7-716HD)
2 Units 63.96 Total
PriceDetail.gif

Latest posts

Back