Tear Down

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06specialedition

Reaction score
I've been wanting to have the frame on my 02 warrior powder coated black. My question is, how big of a pain is it to take the motor out and get it all stripped down to the bare frame? The only thing stopping me is I don't want this to be more work than its worth.

Thanks!

if you have to ask , then its going to take 10-15 hrs of work to take it apart. (some guys can do it in 3 hrs)

Okay, so it would take me 15hrs to get it down to the frame? I have never done it.... but it seems like it would be easy!?!?!?!

tearing it down is no big deal. i had mine torn down several times.

does anyone know a rough price on gettinf a frame powder coated. i was thinkin bout doin the same to my frame.

that sounds about right but you are going to need drill bits a taps to clean it all out of the holes and such on the frame after its done

It only takes about 1 hour to yank the motor 3-4 hours if you have a buddy and electric impacts with metric sockets assembly is about the same just more tedious

took me an hour and 30min to pull my engine tonight but if you only got it out for a few days its simple to get back in.

I've done tear downs on banshee's in the past with no issues. Removing the suspension isn't a problem, I've done extended swingarms on my dune bikes in the past.

Is there anything specific I need to know before pulling the motor? Any wiring to watch out for? Anything I need to remember to remove?

Thanks

Its simple to tear these bikes down... there's not much to them at all. Best thing you can do is label the items you remove so you don't scratch your head looking at similar bolts, and if you have the room... lay stuff out in the order you remove it.

Latest posts

Back