taking apart

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aubryblaster97

Reaction score
how hard is it to take the motor off the frame? im thinking about painting everything and doing motor work:atv:

About 8 bolts and a little wiring other than getting things like the tank out of the way. Then you lift it up and carry it out. When I do my motor work, mines coming back out of the frame.

a little tip. i do this on car engines.

take electrical tape and tape off the connectors (both sides) and number them 1 and 1, 2 and 2 and so on so forth)

that way you wont be wondering where things go when you put it back together

im wanting to paint everything so i thought id get some rides in the snow then take it apart clean everything paint in the basement and assemble it hopefully by beginning of spring

Theres so few things that bolt to the motor I would worry about labeling them, but if you go farther take pics so you run wires and such the way they were

i plan on puting the nuts and bolts in bags and labeling them and taking pics of the wiring .

i plan on puting the nuts and bolts in bags and labeling them and taking pics of the wiring .

Sounds like you have the right idea already, just take your time and keep calm if something doesnt want to come apart at first. Trust me on the last part, getting upset will cost $$ and if the quads never really been apart something will be stubborn.

Just make sure the bag stayed together. When i got the motor from gasman, he put everything from the motor in baggies and some ripped during shipping so who know what got lost

i just hope ill have enough cash! im getting 300 for christmas 400 for income tax, then 250 for one year of yard mowing for moms friend.

Just depends on what you wanna do and in how big of a hurry. If you look for deals you can make $950 go quite a long way!!! Ask me how I know!!! LOL

there is nothing to tear it apart but the hard part is self control on the parts ordering it is extreamly easy to go over board on a mild build

i just wanna build my own custom 4 wheeler. most people in my area have stock paint and everything with add-ons . i want to be noticed lol

done it with jeep tires...i truthfully wouldnt recommend it unless you are stranded somewhere....its not really to mount them, just to re seat them on the bead.

its not exactly the safest thing in the world

Back