Takes for ever to start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happydad08

Reaction score
Ok guys have another mission for you guys! By the way this forum is by far the best group of guys ever! OK so my warrior has new starter new starter clutch NE clutch new pressure plate and now a brand new oem carb should be new bike lol but it will hardly start it will turn and turn and try but will not fire timing is on and has new plug and the plug has great fire!! And after awhile by that I mean 1hr it will start and run for ever then the next day do it all again... please help i am so lost

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ok guys have another mission for you guys! By the way this forum is by far the best group of guys ever! OK so my warrior has new starter new starter clutch NE clutch new pressure plate and now a brand new oem carb should be new bike lol but it will hardly start it will turn and turn and try but will not fire timing is on and has new plug and the plug has great fire!! And after awhile by that I mean 1hr it will start and run for ever then the next day do it all again... please help i am so lost

Sounds like low compression. Do a compression test. May need new top end rebuild

After you get it started and ride it and shut it off, does it restart easily or does it take a while to start it again or do you have to let it cool down to get it to restart? If it doesn't want to start easily after running it I would suggest you do a compression test on it as someone mentioned earlier. It only takes a minute and will keep you from chasing down issues that you may not really have. Check comp before running it and after it is hot. I had one that would start right up and run great and wouldn't start after it was warmed up and it ended up needing rings.

Mine dis the Same thing bht after I drained the crappy citco gas it ran great

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Had a buddy pull start it with his wheeler you can put the choke completely on and it will run like a scalded dog wide open but put the choke off and it will die

Check for cracks on your manifold boot.
If that is OK you need a GOOD carb cleaning.

It is a brand new carb!!! I am so lost

Did you check the manifold?
If it runs good with the choke closed you have an air leak somewhere.

It won't run with the choke closed and the intake boot it good

the boot between the carb and head is usually the one that cracks and causes problems like this and you can't usually tell if it's cracked so best way to check is while it's running spray with starting fluid and if idle changes it's bad

Will try spraying starter fluid on it but it will not idle at all

Just a thought could it have jumped time a act like that

Latest posts

Back