swingarm help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwalk1818

Reaction score
My seals seem to be gone in the swing arm and i was thinking of getting the pivot works one off ebay i took the nut off today and i cant get the bolt out! I know its hollow so it wont stand for much beating..... does anyone know of a good way to get it out and would the kit be worth it? The swing arm is loose oyu can tell!

the entire bolt isn't hollow, just the end. You can put some kind of punch or smaller bolt into the hole, and drive the big bolt out by hammering on the punch.

I have the pivot works swingarm kit, I think it's the best way to go. Usually by the time you realize your swingarm bearings are worn out they are acutally gone, and just gettting ground up inside the swingarm, which destroys the pivot shaft the bearings make contact with. The kit comes with a new one, along with new seals

I just took a large phillips screwdriver and tapped it out with a rubber mallet, came out no problem. You can also use a long socket extension, that works excellent as well. Getting the actual bearings out is the hard part, I'm sure you'll be asking about those in a day or so...

NOTHING is working . I even took the dame shock and spring off still no good!!! I hit the BEEP BEEP with a sledge hammer and it wont budge! i can shake the swing arm and it will move but the bolt will not come out! any help?

patience and lots of force. maybe try threading the nut onto the bolt, but only about halfway, then put a socket over the nut. Hit the socket pretty good with a 5 lb sledge a few times and it should come out. When you do this you won't damage the nut or threads, and can get a good solid hit on it.

I bought a rolling chassis awhile back and had the same problem. I ended up cutting the bolt off between the frame and swingarm on both sides. I had tried everything. I could rotate the bastard all day long with the drill and a socket, lubed the piss out of it and still nothing. Turned out that the bearings were so torn up that they travelled around the bolt and sleeve.

I have a good idea...cut the swingarm off and than buy a lonestar(perhaps maybe mine) LOL. Sorry man...I don't know what to say other than beat the piss out of it ;D

Some people use wood and a hammer but if its in there good it will just cut into the wood.....Take some WD-40 or other penetrator and soak the piss out of it..then i use a 3/8 rachet extension..with a rubber malet.I usually use a 6" extension to start then my 16" to follow through.

;D

Back