SWINGARM BEARINGS

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOLVE96

Reaction score
Hi am new to the forum I was hoping for some help.

I ve got a 96 wolvy 350 and the swingarm bearings are wiped out. can someone give me a description on replacing them? Im 11 and my Dad will help me fix it if I can get some info on what needs to be done.
Thanks-96

NOT FAMILIER WITH YOUR MACHINE BUT MINE ARE WIPED ON MY 06 ALREADY, ACTUALLY THINK IM GOING TO HAVE TO DO SOME WELDING TO FIX THE MOUNTING HOLES, A GOOD PLACE TO LOOK AT A PICTURE OF YOUR SWING ARM IN A EXPLODED VIEW IS WWW.BIKEBANDIT.COM, THEY ALSO ARE PRETTY CHEAP ON PARTS.

Wow...good luck with that. They are a total pain in the rear. I'm just finishing doing them on a friends Bear Tracker (same swing arm as the Wolverine) . The races are pressed into the swing arm so you have to cut them so you can bend them and pull them out. I used a torch but you have to be super careful not to cut into the swingarm so I really recommend a dremel or some sort of burr bit to cut the race.

Well we just about finished getting it back together. My Dad used a welder to get the races out. This is what he did,
He ran a weld about 1 inch long on the race to heat it up and when it cooled it fell right out. he said you have to be really carful not to weld the race into the swing arm though. and he had to use the arc cause he was't sure if it could be done with a wire welder cause it may not heat up enough.
But it was a lot more work than we thaught. we had to pull the whole axle out and every thing.
The bearings are 30203 from timkin.

Anyway, what is the best oil for the differntials?

Glad you got it figured out. It wasn't too much fun was it. I just use a 85-90 standard (cheap Wal-mart) gear lube in mine.

Latest posts

Back