Swing arm Removal

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrZyCountry

Reaction score
Help I did a search for the above title. Thought that I had figured it out. Till I tried today with no success. How do you get this bolt out. I loosened the nut and hit it will a hammer. Now it is flush with the frame with the nut off and im stuck. DO I just need to use a punch or What?

hh.jpg

This is not the actual bike im doing this to just the best pic of the bolt I had. Thanks for any and all help
:atv:

Ya Ive used a long punch to drive it out. While you have it apart put a grease zerk thats accessible when its together. It will help removal in the future.

Some bolts are so bad that you have to cut the bolt between the swing arm and the frame on both sides with a sawsall. Then you can get the arm on the bench and can go to town getting the bolt out. When I did mine, I didn't think to out in a zerk, but I gooped the hell outta the bolt and sleave with antisieze.

Sounds like a good plan. Just makin sure I wasn't gonna F things up doing it this way. I plan on putting in a zerk once I get it out. Thanks for all the help 1998 I was gonna message you but figured I would start a thread so incase others needed help on the same thing

I just...and I mean just ,,,removed mine, it wasn't terrible but I kept pressure on the thread side and continued threading it out with my socket, once I got past a certain point it came out. I put the bolt thru opposite way and had to to thread it, no visible reason why, but must b a burr on the lip, a little effort and alot grease- it going pretty smooth and now installing bearings n a zerk!

mmy bad, thats basically what u said u where gonna do!!!! duh

:loco: LMAO if it dont come out just :beat: B 4 you get it out tell me the best spot for a zerk please!!!!!

Back