swing arm bolt

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorspeed350

Reaction score
what did you guys go through to get the pivot bolt out of the swing arm???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

A good wack from a sledge, make sure you leave the nut on at first so you dont mess up the thread, from then on your going to need something like a long extension or bar to pound it all the way through.

thats what everybody said about the axle and the nut busted into 4 pieces........put it on how like finger tight all the way?

we have used an air hammer and propane and nothing happened......we bought oxygen for our mapp gas so we could try that.......how far do i put the nut on (sledgehammer)....wont it bend the end of the bolt and break the nut????

yea your bolt is froze in your swing are most likely u are gona half to cut the bolt off and get a new one and when u do that put some greese in the swing arm and the bolt or put a greese fitting in the swingarm to prevent that happening again

so everybody thinks i need to cut my swing arm in half and get a new pivot bolt?

im going to keep trying other stuff, like mapp gas / oxygen and a "BFH"

your warrior isn't that old. Mine came out with the BFH technique, and mine was neglected pretty bad before I got it. I think that should work for you too, i imagine yours was at least kept indoors since it was new, so it couldn't be too awful bad. Just be VERY careful when swinging at that thing, that you don't smash your frame tube, that'll ruin your day worse than cutting out the pivot bolt.

i spent 4 hours on mine.. just keep hitting it... say **** it and just hit the bolt... refile the threads when done and buy a new locking nut for $7

this is what came out of mine and y it took 4 hours to get out...

picture258yo6.jpg

oh only four hours......i guess sence it is pretty much screwed allreaddy, i can use the BTSO (beat the **** out) method

so everybody thinks i need to cut my swing arm in half and get a new pivot bolt?

im going to keep trying other stuff, like mapp gas / oxygen and a "BFH"

and that is what im going to have to do....i wanted to make a little money back but that isnt going to happen like all of the other times....i got a new name for my warrior....the manifest warrior

Latest posts

Back