swapping a pullstart onto a 97 wolverine

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkhrdjp

Reaction score
going out in the woods solo with just a battery, can sometimes put you in a hairy situation when you can't jumpstart by towing or rolling down a hill.

After all he microfiche research I did the other day and today here is what I have:

the stators and recoil (pull start) assembly for a 1999 big bear and 2000 and 2001 wolverine are the same. the elec plugs of this stator are correct for a 97 wiring harness.

the 97 wolverine 99 big bear and 00 an 01 wolverine all use the same stator cover gasket.

They all use the same plastic crankcase cover over the gear shifter.

HOWEVER The 99 big bear and the 00/01 wolverine use different stator covers:

99 bb
4WU-15411-01-00

00/01 wolv
4KB-15411-11-00

are they interchangeable and can I use a big bear stator cover on my 97 wolverine?

help...........

dealers could not, and in some cases, would not help

Hello rkhrdjp, I am also trying to figure out the different stators available for my 95 Wolverine and what will interchange with each other. Some confusion over what year's fit what. I've been told some 350 Big Bear Stators will work and some wont. According to Rickys Stators web site they show that 2002 Wolverine and up are different than 2000-2001. Will the 2000-2001 fit the 95 Wolvy? Someone also mentioned RS put out more watts and you need to compensate with there after market regulator?
As for the pull start, its built to use as a backup start but not for everyday use. Its just not built well enough to stand up to alot of starts. Its plastic inners will wear out fast. Anyone has more info on the subject please help. Thank you

Well i found out theres 2 different stators for the 95 and about 5 different stators from 95-05 All having different plug assembly's and some with 2 pulser coils. Found the best deal at RMstators. 149.98 + ship. 95 wolvy stators seem to be hard to get ahold of. Most are out of stock or on order. As far as covers go as long as its not the dual pulser coil one it should fit i think....? As far as dealers helping with interchangable parts between bikes. Thats like talking about the black plaque or something. Most counter monkeys wont help as i found out too.

Back