swamplites

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThE BeaSt oF GuMm hiLL

Reaction score
Just put the 25x8x12 & 25x10x12 swamplites on the Beast will be testing her out or as I like to call it torturing her out tomorrow. Love the extra clearance and the looks, as for the slight power loss this baby is not used to riding flat sissy dirt roads at full speed where I ride your lucky to hit 25mph and its filled with hills mud and rocks.
swamplites.jpg

ThE BeaSt oF GuMm hiLL said:
Just put the 25x8x12 & 25x10x12 swamplites on the Beast will be testing her out or as I like to call it torturing her out tomorrow. Love the extra clearance and the looks, as for the slight power loss this baby is not used to riding flat sissy dirt roads at full speed where I ride your lucky to hit 25mph and its filled with hills mud and rocks.
swamplites.jpg

let me know how you like the tires.... it sounds like you ride the same as i do. i have 25 inch itp's but really like the swamplites......very interested how they take to the trails... i want to go 26 for myself here....bike looks great. :D

The swamplites worked great with the 2in extra height I hardly ever scraped the bottom or my footboards. I felt the extra traction in the mud and on the hills. The only downfall would be I could feel a slight power loss going up steep hills . But all in all Im extremely happy with these new diggs, like them alot better than stock.

I have 1 stock unused unmounted rear tire for the 06 and up wolverine in the for sale section of this forum if anyone is interested.

When upsizing a tire, you technically only get 1/2 of the extra height. So if you go with a tire that's 2" over stock, you only get 1" increase in ride height. 8)

so i was going to get the swamplites....but they are heavy....i was really surprised at the weights.....so i went with maxxis zillas....very light and killer looking tire....can't wait to try them out..

i went with 26-9-12
and 26-11-12

i will post pictures when there in. :D

You really found the Swamplites to be that much heavier? I bought mine with some 25" Cheng Shin things, and was thinking of SwampLites as a next round, possibly in 26" because they have deeper lugs. But if the weight is going to be much greater, I will scrap that idea real quick...

ohyeahfriday said:
You really found the Swamplites to be that much heavier? I bought mine with some 25" Cheng Shin things, and was thinking of SwampLites as a next round, possibly in 26" because they have deeper lugs. But if the weight is going to be much greater, I will scrap that idea real quick...

well here is the difference...

swamplites -----26/10/12= 27 lbs each
26/12/12= 31 lbs each

maxxis zillas ---26/9/12 = 20.2 lbs each
26/11/12 =23.8 lbs each

so that is almost 30 pounds heavier....now i know the tire sizes are not exact.....but really not much different and the 9 inch in front will be better all around for trying to keep the bike nimble...again this is my opinion.....i really wanted the swamplites myself.....but even with the epi clutch kit i have going in,and the exhaust and other upgrades,lighter is better....30 more pounds of mass that needs to be turned is lots in my opinion......i should have the zillas here this week and am sure to try them out next weekend....i will report on how i like them....from what i have read they are a great tire....

OK then, I won't ever argue that 30# on these machines makes a difference, guess it is back to the drawing board for tires. Unless if I stuck with a 25", otherwise I need to find something lighter for sure.

Any suggestions, I was looking for more of a mud/trail tire. I love the look of the Kenda Executioners, 589's but just won't go that aggressive. Maybe the Kenda BearClaws? Off to research tires....

ohyeahfriday said:
Any suggestions, I was looking for more of a mud/trail tire. I love the look of the Kenda Executioners, 589's but just won't go that aggressive. Maybe the Kenda BearClaws? Off to research tires....

I was looking for a mud/trail tire too.. and came down to the mudlite and the bearclaw's..

I got the 25" ITP Mud Lite's as they were in stock at my local dealer.. as the dealer said they are both a very nice all around tire which will also get you out of the mud wheres others wouldn't..
25x8x12 front
25x10x12 rear

mudlites_wolverine.jpg

I have looked at them several times, but was never really sure... How are their "manners" on pavement/packed dirt? On occasion, we end up traveling some dirt/paved roads, in addidtion to hard packed trails to get from place to place.

Thanks for the input.

BEAST: Whatever happened to your review of the Swamplites? You should have tested them out rather thoroughly by now :lol: Regardless of everything else, I would still like to know what people think of them after running them.

I like the swamplites alot better than the stock and they perform much better ,but, ive never had any experience with any other tire. Ive never owned any mudlite, zilla, bear claw, vampyre, dirt devil to compare them with. Some of the guys I go riding with use mudlites and my swamplites are up to par with them. For now Im happy they should stay on the wolverine for a while.

Might I mention the wolverine is in the shop. Word to the wise, dont ever try to take on a grizzly in a mudpit you'll lose about every time.
Wolverine Grizzly
421cc------ 686cc
516lbs------ 600lbs
8.7-- ground clearance --11.8

So yeah, that doesn't sound too good. :lol: Thanks for the response though.

Chevy, where did you find the weight information on those tires? I have been looking around trying to compare, but with little success. :?

ohyeahfriday said:
So yeah, that doesn't sound too good. :lol: Thanks for the response though.

Chevy, where did you find the weight information on those tires? I have been looking around trying to compare, but with little success. :?

i found that most companys will post there own weights......

but here is a page that seems to have most brands...

http://www.highlifter.com/products/tirespec.aspx

Rockney said:
ohyeahfriday said:

I was looking for a mud/trail tire too.. and came down to the mudlite and the bearclaw's..

I got the 25" ITP Mud Lite's as they were in stock at my local dealer.. as the dealer said they are both a very nice all around tire which will also get you out of the mud wheres others wouldn't..
25x8x12 front
25x10x12 rear

mudlites_wolverine.jpg

I have the same tires on my wolverine now...they are a good tire. you will not here me talk down about them...they are light and tuff...just not as aggressive and deep of lug as i wanted....i like to try different set uos too ha ha .... :D

Well, based on what seems to be about a 3# difference and 3/8" tread, I think I am goin to go with the MudLite XL and stick with 25" tires. They look to be about 6# or so heavier than the ones on there currently, so I am satisfied with that.

Thanks for the info folks. 8)

26 inch Maxxis zillas

008.jpg

[/img]
007.jpg

the stance is so much wider now......damn aggressive and wicked looking..can not wait to ride with them

Any update on those Zillas? I saw a post about them handling like crap when overinflated, how do they ride? Do they seem like they will wear pretty well? I just showed the Zillas to my girlfriend and she gave the nod to get either them or the MudliteXL in 26"

I think I saw that you have run both, what is you opinion of a comparison between the two?

Thanks!

Pat

ohyeahfriday said:
Any update on those Zillas? I saw a post about them handling like crap when overinflated, how do they ride? Do they seem like they will wear pretty well? I just showed the Zillas to my girlfriend and she gave the nod to get either them or the MudliteXL in 26"

I think I saw that you have run both, what is you opinion of a comparison between the two?

Thanks!

Pat

Had them out last week in pretty easy trails. so far i like them allot....i am heading out to some nasty mud today with the new locker installed for a much better test.... will report back later....

one thing to keep in mind is the zillas are lighter than the mudite xl :D

Latest posts

Back