Suzuki lt230s

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jccuiser78

Reaction score
Starting to improve the $200 quad.Its my sons so I am trying to make him earn all the parts.This is before:
DSC00915.jpg

Lt230.jpg

I took off the lame stock bars,took off the gun rack and the headlight-going to get new ones-and stripped the green paint off of the seat.Then I put on a set of bars that I had on my Warrior.
Next on the list:new plastic,some frame painting.new sprokets,chain,tune up,etc.Tell me what you think

definitely an improvement but uhh...i think i woulda given her a new paintjob first off lol good luck moddin that thing out man

Thanks,the guy who owned it before me painted the whole thing for hunting,I think we are going to go with the Maier plastic,probably blue with a black hood.My son still has to pay me back for the off-road registration,so the parts will come slow(he is 13)

yea its an improvement to it yea it will take a while like it took me to do my xr250r i had i had to buy every thng for that and it took me a year to complete but she was good looking and ran strong. him buying all his parts will teach him resoncibilty for that hope he gets it going good

Thats the stock seat!! That looks good...no wait GREAT!!

Just let your sone know that for what you all paid for the quad and all the aftermarket parts it will still be hundreds of dollars cheaper then buying a used quad with decent parts (Which I am sure you already have). If only I had a project of this sort at the age of 13 there is no telling where I would be in this sport right now. I had to buy my first quad which is my warrior. Bought it brand new on 2001 and have bought everything for it except for my helmet from my wonderful girl friend.

It might take time, but this quad has what it takes to become a VERY nice daily rider.

Great Job!

he painted that thing to go hunting? lol i figured the deer would start laughing at him if they saw that thing lol...but yeah it will teach responsibility..of course my parents bought my first quad,(my warrior) and i've payed for everything for it since then. My friend got himself a 230e and he took his cousins 230s and put them together and made himself a 230es :D lol the things are fun

Wow that seat cleaned up nicely. I think you should stick with that old school blue and orange suzuki colour scheme. My brothers old 160 had those colours and I think it looked great. In fact, I would say that it is my favourite colour scheme of all time for quads.

You might have it there-orange/red and blue
We went riding at the atv park today and both the kid and the quad did o.k.He had a hard time starting the pig,and does not get the close-tight u-turn type of thing yet.He only crashed one time a little bit.The zuki ran pretty good for an 86-It did smoke a bit at startup,plus it really needs wheel spacers in the rear,I saw him tipping on two wheels a bunch.Overall he is hooked on it.
Anyone know of a better throttle assembly(like from another quad)that will swap out?The stock one plain sucks.Oh yeah-that thing wheelies like a son of a bitch!He is super-stoked.

Thanks.He is working for me,I am a building contractor(I have to admit I give him more money than he earns!)He is a really good kid,he deserves to be happy,plus I like fixing up things mechanical,plus it gives us a reason to hang together-and I appreciate that a lot.Kids can go down hill so fast if your not on it.

Well your the one paying him, so it doesn't matter what he is getting paid. But its awesome he is getting into it, and I agree it is a great way to hang out with each other.

Thats great, getting the boy working young!
My friends dad has one of those lt-230's, i'll pst pics when i get home so you can steal some ideas from it :p

Things looking better. I really like this quad. It's gonna look sick when the finished project is done. I'm just like your son and work for my money. Keep him motivated in the sport.

looks good man, temporaily, you could strip the paint off of the plastics, untuil he gets maiers?
lets see some action shots with him on it!

got rid of the easy-rider gun rack eh? seat looks amazing
Thanks for the props

We just had the thing serviced,brake fluid changed/flushed,lubed,etc.($80 from my professional mechanic friend)We bought used o.e.m. rims for the rear($40).Now we need a set of paddle tires for the dunes.I figure mechanical stuff first,then some new plastics and maybe a new pipe and jet kit.
My mechanic said the thing is in real good shape for a 86-I think it still has the original tires!I do want to make it wider-it is VERY tippy :eek:

I was wonderng how that thing compares to a blaster as far as power and throttle response goes? my friend has had some blasters and he's getting tired of those, and his little brother is looking for something like that, but if these have a bit more power, then i'll push him towards that. He has no issues with working on 2-strokes, so no worries there, I am just curious about the power of them.

And it sounds like it's turning out pretty good, get some more recent pics up.
~Bill

I think the zuki has alot more torque than the blaster.This is a 4-stroke,so it feels different.I like 4-strokes myself.The quad has a VERY short wheelbase,so that makes it feel pretty gutsy.The one problem with these is that they are narrow in stock form.Plus I am used to my 48 inch wide Warrior,so it takes a little time to adjust to that.Absolute wheelie machine!

No new pics lately,the quad looks the same,just got it tuned up(it runs/starts perfect now).I have not been able to ride recently,I just found out that I have 2 bulging disks in the base of my neck(prob from 19 years of construction work)so I 'm fucked for now...

Ouch, good luck on the discs' I know thay can be a pain, my friend chris has 2 burst in his mid-lower back area.

But on the lt230, I thought it was a 2-stroke. So now knowing it's a 4-stroke gives me an idea for it's power. Thanx for the information, I'll let them know, but I think they want to stick with 2 strokes, not definate though.
~Bill

Back