suspensoin idea

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and you meant plus 6 on each arm right? because right now all they do is 2 on each arm, and i dont think they'll build you some unless you pay like double the price and know someone

No I'm going to need like +3 or +4 on each side but I won't know untill I get to tear into a frame then I will know the exact sizing I need

ok, because thats how atlest they refer to there arms +6 seemed outrageous

but i dont think you would need to mod the frame though even iff you did +8 because with stock rims and tires that would set you around 48

I've not quite got the money for the frame , april we went to the dunes and quad addict cratered the valves in his so I let him ride my rappy and the cam spun both bearings and took the rocker arms withit those and my oil cooler project and I'm out of spending money for a while it will me a couple more months befor I. Wil get to beguin getting my war dog ready for the 2012 season soit will take a bit to do this mod but if you could get me a shipping quote to 75756 zip I will see what I can do and is it a late model frame?

gray hound!! i know that guy that ships custom bike frames with them and he says its half the price of ups

suran wrap and take it to the ups store with my address and they can ship it and mess with all the boxing and crap

ok so i did some mesuring and im 98% shure i can narrow the frame 1 3/8ths on each side but to get it in the 48-50 in. range im going to need +6 - +8 a arms on each side!!! this is going to be one hell of a suspension system when i get it set right like i want it my warrior with +2 on each side now sets at 45 in. now

honestly narrowing the frame wouldnt benefit you enough to make it worth the work. you could always try and make your own a arms. i think wickeds with spacers with some good valved shocks, maybe fox pep or elka, would be just as good. you need to get yourself some good mx wheels and tires

Call me crazy but I don't like wickeds and hate wheel spacers I'm kinda picky and only want sertain parts on my warrior I don't like how wheel spacers feel or handle and besides I want this warrior to be one of a kind that's part of my reasoning for the frame job

the only thing a narrower frame would help with is bumpsteer because the pivot of the arms are closer to the pivot of the tie rods. if you wanna make the warrior have better frame geometry, make the lower mounts as far in as possible and the top about 4 to 5 inches apart. almost a v and lean the whole set up a few degrees back

i dont se how it would make a difference form a v shape to the square would make a difference in your landings, but it can be symetrical and have the wheel stay perpendicular to the ground, you would just have ot make the a arms the same length and have the fonr hub with ball joints and everything be like this -\ =V = /-

lol high tech drawing huh? but maybe they make em diferent for a reason is it that the wheel will leean in towards the bike durnig travel so it deosnt pus out as much? or would it do the opposite?

Back