Suspension Setup Confusion

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wysguy

Reaction score
I am coming from the MX (bike) world and I am having a heck of a time finding good information for setting up my Raptor's suspension. I just want to setup the race sag properly on my 2010 Raptor 350.

The owners manual specifies a range for the rear spring length but doesn't specify if that measurement is to be taken weighted, or off the ground. Other forums I have read say that the race sag should be 30% of the rear travel. On a Raptor 350 this is about 65mm, and mine is 114mm. That would be a pretty drastic change!

Any advice on setting the suspension would be appreciated.

2-3" rear weighted and 2 front thats good for mx you can set the rear but the front normally cant get into that range with stock shocks

2-3" rear weighted and 2 front thats good for mx you can set the rear but the front normally cant get into that range with stock shocks

From what I read 3" would be 30% of rear travel which was recommended on quite a few sites. Right now it is sitting at 4.5"!!

beastlywarrior228 said:
You have to take into account that stock shocks are crap

That is disappointing. Putting a $2K suspension on a $5K quad seems ridiculous.

You don't need to spend 2k on suspension ive got about 700 in mine

Do you know how to adjust sag on the rear shock ?

I would be interested in what you are running for suspension.

I know how to adjust the sag on a MX bike, I am assuming it is the same on my quad. The problem is, I read about 5 different version of what the measure should be on-line.

So I am going to try 3" of race sag. And just as a sanity check: I call race sag the difference between the back wheels off the ground, and with a rider fully dressed on the quad.

Thanks for the help!

ive got 350 in shocks on mine then the a arms were 200

have you tried adding a little preload

Good to hear! I have only seen shocks with prices around $1k mark (Motowoz, Fox, Elka)

I have my quad up on the stand now. I will add enough preload to get 3" of race sag and see how it feels from there.

I would be interested in your setup as well.

Asr a arms works a-t Steelers front shocks and a 660 raptor rear shock

I would like to hear more about the Raptor 660 shock. If you have time to explain the setup, I would really appreciate it. I didn't find anything relevant by searching.

Thanks for helping!

Good to hear! I have only seen shocks with prices around $1k mark (Motowoz, Fox, Elka)

I have my quad up on the stand now. I will add enough preload to get 3" of race sag and see how it feels from there.

I would be interested in your setup as well.
works non rezzy triple rates with +2 a arms and a banshee rear shock. motowoz, elka, pep, fox are great shocks and are worth it but the price of works cant be beat.
preload is your only adjustment on stock shocks but the banshee rear had preload compression and rebound adjustment

Great, you guys have given me great ideas for setup when I decide to go that route.

I still would like to get as much out of the stock suspension as I can. I will start with the suggested 3" race sag and see how it goes from there. I am just a little surprised that the owners manual doesn't give more info on suspension setup. The YZ manual has an entire section on adjusting suspension!

the 2001 raptor 660 shock will fit a warrior and raise the tail about 2-3 inches but gives it 4 way adjustability hi low speed comp rebound and preload adjustments and increases suspension travel 4.5" over a stock warrior 350 rear shock
note it is not recommended for light weight riders ie. rider less then 200 lbs

I'd get some revalved shocks from a YFZ or Raptor 700...

From my understanding, Elka's aren't very good.

Latest posts

Back