Supertrapp on a Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdxguy

Reaction score
I just picked up a 96 warrior. Everything appears to be stock as far as I can tell, with the exception of the exhaust. It has a supertrapp on it. Anyone have any experience with this exhaust? It's the racing slip on I believe.

I was checking over the supertrapp site, and they mention in their FAQ that if the discs are getting black/sooty that it's running rich and you should add a couple of more discs. Anyone run this setup? How many discs have you used in the past?

Any suggestions/opinions on that? If that's all I need to do, is there are good places to buy a few discs cheap? Also, I haven't had a chance to open it up all the way, quads are a new thing for me, and I don't have a lot of room to ride yet. Waiting until I can get out to the OHV trails. So far though it seems to be strong and runs good.

warrior_1.jpg

Nice ride man,
once upon a time supertrapp was the only company to make exhaust for the warrior,
the technology is a little dated most likely, it looks like it still had the stock head/mid pipe, you might just want to save some money for a newer slip on set up

Thanks for the info. I've pondered that, but then again when I get some more money to work with I may eventually change out the whole pipe. Any suggestions on good pipe/muffler combos that work well with a stock setup and don't run too loud? I have enough room to putt around out back but don't wanna drive the neighbors too crazy :)

Btw, changed the pic - this is the one I wanted to show originally - it shows the exhaust.

everybody will tell you to buy HMF, but anything works, i have a DG, it's real loud, lots of people don't like them but it's done nothing but good for me.
those gold rims are cool, wish i had a set

I think if I can, I'm going to try and avoid loud.

The only real mods I see myself doing in the near (6months to a year) future could be the intake/exhaust and armor for the bottom. I plan to ride dirt, so armor will be a must. The intake/exhaust it more of a luxury thing.

I also have a Supertrap, it was on there when I bought it, it has 10 disk in the stack. Mine is an 2001.
More disc = louder. On my past bikes that ran Supertraps I ocasionally had to remove and clean the disc. This cleaning can affect how it runs. You may want to clean them, then jet the carb to where it runs best. I am no expert, this is just an opinion.

Spark arrestors have to be cleaned, my arrestor in my yosh needs to be cleaned every once in a while its no big deal, a tooth brush and some dishliquid got her done for me.

Back