Superior front shocks and ASR a arms?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2001warrioryfm350

Reaction score
Hey guys Im going to invest in Superior front aftermarket shocks and ASR +2 racing a arms with tie rods and extended brake lines. Going to get a Banshee rear shock as well. It all runs around $800-900. Any of you professional tuners know if this is a good setup to run? I ride a lot of trails and climb coal hills and my motor is totally rebuilt and everything going to end up porting and polishing it this winter while Im saving up for my suspension setup. My right side stock a arm ball joints went and instead of spending 150 each on each separate top and bottom a arm Im just going to totally mod the suspension setup.

Guys have any suggestions on my setup? I heard the works shocks are like riding on clouds but Im on a budget so Im trying to get the GOOD aftermarket things that are decently priced and not too priced out.

Yeah I'm not really sure what to adjust on those, haha Ill stick with the ASR's but any opinions on the superior shocks? are they good? Durable and what not?

I was looking around and some were saying that yfz shocks dont fit right? What do you think about banshee shocks compared to warrior shocks? Id put yfz shocks on it but, I don't feel like relocating the mounts. How are the banshee shocks?

Very good for trail riding they are soft, but for hard cornering on the road it seems to want to roll over. for me they are great but i cannot jump very high or they will botom out.

Idk anything about those shocks man. Toy could request that when they build them, to lower the shock mount O the lower arm. This would make Room for some good YFZ shocks.

Hell yea I love the YFZ shocks Id take them over any shock you can make them dual and triple rates and have them worked like any shock out there!

Hell yea I love the YFZ shocks Id take them over any shock you can make them dual and triple rates and have them worked like any shock out there!

How would I have to maneuver them to fit with the +2 a arms? Im not sure If I wanna try modding the mounts on the a arms....or could I move the mounts on the frame?

Also do any of you know how well the banshee front shocks work with +2 a-arms??? I was thinking it'd be easier because beastlywarrior said on some guys post that he had to spring the yfz shocks higher because it sat too low, I wanna try and find a happy medium with it, I like doing little jumps, and wheelies. And I ride realllllyyy rough trails so right now my front end is really rough. So I just want shocks that will work well for all my types of riding. And I heard the banshee front shocks line up well.

Also do any of you know how well the banshee front shocks work with +2 a-arms??? I was thinking it'd be easier because beastlywarrior said on some guys post that he had to spring the yfz shocks higher because it sat too low, I wanna try and find a happy medium with it, I like doing little jumps, and wheelies. And I ride realllllyyy rough trails so right now my front end is really rough. So I just want shocks that will work well for all my types of riding. And I heard the banshee front shocks line up well.

I have banshee works shocks on a Raptor 350 with Full Flight +2's. They are too soft on big hits and depending on where you like your ride height they may be too low.

rap350_works.jpg

My suggestion is to ride the stock shocks until you can afford to have someone build the shocks to suit your A-arm length and riding style. Other shocks will fit, length-wise, but aren't valved or sprung for the extra weight.

I still like the YFZ shock man. Jeff has X shocks with +2 arms, the X shock is longer but Jeff is heavier than the average bear, no offense bro, lol! The key to a good set of YFZ shocks is having the oil and nitro checked in them. If nitro is low they're going to be piss poor. A YFZ shock should work fine with the +2 arms IF they're setup correctly. That's the down side to used shocks. Mine had 90# of nitro in them, stock is 175# & mine currently have 190# b/c I'm a Lil heavier myself.

I still like the YFZ shock man. Jeff has X shocks with +2 arms, the X shock is longer but Jeff is heavier than the average bear, no offense bro, lol! The key to a good set of YFZ shocks is having the oil and nitro checked in them. If nitro is low they're going to be piss poor. A YFZ shock should work fine with the +2 arms IF they're setup correctly. That's the down side to used shocks. Mine had 90# of nitro in them, stock is 175# & mine currently have 190# b/c I'm a Lil heavier myself.

HaHa I agree I love the yfz shocks mine dont bottom out at all I favent hit real big jumps but Ive hit decent ones and like james said Im no small guy lol..

It depends on the A-arm. What I was told, when I called Full Flight, was that their +2 A-arm shock mounts are in the same location as the stock A-arms. Since the YFZ shocks are quite a bit longer (depending on the YFZ model +2") you would need to get the shock shafts shortened (and likely re-sprung and revalved) to perform as desired. This costs a bit, and takes some time to get accomplished.

Having said that, I really don't think most riders will notice. Let's face it, the stock shocks are horrendous and certainly not built to be raced on. But having used Works dual-rates that aren't valved for +2 A-arms on my quad, and not being satisfied, I can't recommend trying to use a shock that is not built for the quad.

I am personally giving Elka Stage 3's a shot. I hope to have them next week so I will let you know how they work out if you are interested.

It depends on the A-arm. What I was told, when I called Full Flight, was that their +2 A-arm shock mounts are in the same location as the stock A-arms. Since the YFZ shocks are quite a bit longer (depending on the YFZ model +2") you would need to get the shock shafts shortened (and likely re-sprung and revalved) to perform as desired. This costs a bit, and takes some time to get accomplished.

Having said that, I really don't think most riders will notice. Let's face it, the stock shocks are horrendous and certainly not built to be raced on. But having used Works dual-rates that aren't valved for +2 A-arms on my quad, and not being satisfied, I can't recommend trying to use a shock that is not built for the quad.

I am personally giving Elka Stage 3's a shot. I hope to have them next week so I will let you know how they work out if you are interested.
I have fullflights and mine aren't shortened and I can build this shock to perform as good as a elka for less money.. I wouldn't trade my shocks for nothing.. You have to have them adjusted right and there no problem stock..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Id say I weigh approx. about like.....150-160 Im 16 haha so Im just trying to get my baby perfect for me so I can ride it and be able to hit jumps and things like all my other friends with yfzs 400exs and grizzlys hahaha. Im also thinking on having my cousin porting and polishing it and putting hotcams in it so I can keep up. Any of you know how well that works?

Latest posts

Back