Suggestions for widening front track?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leepic

Reaction score
(my first post :atv:)
I want to widen the front for a little more stability. What would be better, front wheels with an offset of 2+3, or wider arms?

Welcome to the site! You can flip the front wheels for cheap to get some extra width. Doing so will wear and tear on the stock ball joints and tie rod ends over time. To do it the right way is to get +2 or +3 a arms. ASR, Wicked, Fullflight are the good brands of a arms to get. Stay away from burgard a arms, ive heard nothing but bad things on these.

Welcome. Yeah, what ^ he said.

Everyone is makin my job so easy round here now. :tup:

Yup, that kit you use your stock ball joints and brake lines. ASR makes a good quality product.

If I put the ASR +2 arms on the front, should I widen the rear as well? If so, how far? 1" per side? 2" per side? Would spacers be acceptable?

If I put the ASR +2 arms on the front, should I widen the rear as well? If so, how far? 1" per side? 2" per side? Would spacers be acceptable?
Hhmmm, I found a bunch of 1.75" spacers on eBay, but no other sizes...

So, running +2 front arms and 1.75" rear spacers is consensus...?

If you have the extra $ get a G- force axle. they go for 200 which is an awesome price. They are adjustable from stock, +2, and +4.

Wow!...my '02 Warrior is 5.3" narrower than a YFZ450R, 3.6" narrower than a YFZ450X, and 3.7" narrower than a TRX400EX/X. No wonder it feels like it wants to tip over in a turn. With OEM wheels, +2 front arms, and 1.75" rear spacers it's still 1.8" narrower than the YFZ450R. Interesting data...but exciting! The arms and spacers are now definitely on my I gotta have list!
The wheelbase is about 2.7" short than the 3 fore mentioned rides...

side note...This quad stuff is all new to me. I'm a dirt bike guy. I have a '08 KTM 300XCWe and a '08 Kawi KLX450R...this quad was GIVEN to me by my dentist. He and his kids no longer had a use for it, and it had a gummed up carb, and he wanted it gone...mine! A hour in the carb, few bling parts, and it's now fun...want to make it funner!!!!...:atv:
...i think a FMF Powerbomb and FMF Q4 are next on the list. Gotta make it run better and sound good (but not stupid loud)...

Last edited:
Wow!...my '02 Warrior is 5.3" narrower than a YFZ450R, 3.6" narrower than a YFZ450X, and 3.7" narrower than a TRX400EX/X. No wonder it feels like it wants to tip over in a turn. With OEM wheels, +2 front arms, and 1.75" rear spacers it's still 1.8" narrower than the YFZ450R. Interesting data...but exciting! The arms and spacers are now definitely on my I gotta have list!
The wheelbase is about 2.7" short than the 3 fore mentioned rides...

side note...This quad stuff is all new to me. I'm a dirt bike guy. I have a '08 KTM 300XCWe and a '08 Kawi KLX450R...this quad was GIVEN to me by my dentist. He and his kids no longer had a use for it, and it had a gummed up carb, and he wanted it gone...mine! A hour in the carb, few bling parts, and it's now fun...want to make it funner!!!!...:atv:
...i think a FMF Powerbomb and FMF Q4 are next on the list. Gotta make it run better and sound good (but not stupid loud)...
are you the one from thumpertalk

Back