Subs and Amp Need help Quick!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotphil

Reaction score
Hey guys think i'm updating my system need some help.
I'm lookin to buy 2x Alpine Type R subs. My question is.... Could this amp power both of them? I know it has enough watts to do it but idk if 2 subs can be bridged or w/e into the amp and still work? Please help me quick need decision tonight.

3000 Watt Class D Mono-Block AMPLIFIER
3000 Watts X 1 Max power @ 1 ohm
2200 Watts X 1 Max power @ 2 ohm
1700 Watts X 1 RMS power @ 2 ohm
1200 Watts X 1 RMS power @ 4 ohm
One Ohm Stable Mono-Block
Strapping capability: Strap two amps together for twice the power (2 Ohm stable)
Variable low pass crossover: 50 -150Hz
Variable subsonic filter: 15 - 40Hz
Variable 0 to +18dB Bass Boost
Phase shift selector: 0 or 180º
Variable input gain control
Input voltage sensitivity selector
Power and protection LED indicators
Illuminated blue logo
Thermal, overload and speaker short protection
RCA Line Level inputs
RCA Line Outputs for system building
Chrome plated RCA connectors and screw terminals
Remote subwoofer level control
Frequency response: 50Hz - 150Hz (+/- 3dB)
Signal-to-noise ratio
105db
THD at RMS output: 0.01%
Damping factor: 125+
Dimensions: (11-3/4” W x 3” H x 12-1/2” L)
Brand New

What is the point of getting an amp so overpowered for the subs you're using? Alpine subs aren't the most durable ones out there to begin with, they seem to be prone to self destruction. When I do my sound systems I always make sure that the subs can handle at least 25% more than the amp can put out at full capacity to protect my subs from grenading. I've installed more than a couple sound systems, and because of this I haven't had a single blow-out yet and the systems are still plenty loud with no distortion.

What kind of amp are you looking at? And what kind of car are you putting this into? 1,700 RMS is just a little ridiculous for most installations. I have a 1000 RMS Visonik class d amp in my car with 2 kicker comp vr 10's, and I can't get to half the system's capacity before every part of the car starts to rattle and vibrate. That's even after I fat matted the entire hatch area, behind all the tail lights, under the spoiler, and just about everything else in the back end. I never really planned to get a system this powerful, it just sorta ended up this way.

But to answer your original question, yes you can power multiple subs with a mono amp. Depending on what the impedances are, you will have to wire them in either series or parallel to get the most output without overloading the amp.

Back