Stuck swingarm bolt suck A!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slow82

Reaction score
Decided to replace my swingarm bearings last weekend and discovered my swingarm bolt was stuck. :mad: (previous owner never took it out. I ended up haveing to stand it up on its front and saw thru the bolt with a sawsall (spelling??) on both ends between the frame and the seals. It sucked bad. Went to the hardware store for a 5/8 12 inch bolt for a temporary fix until my new bolt comes in. The old bearings were completly gone! Anyone else ever had that crap happen to them?

Uh huh, that's why my swingarm stay'd on the frame while painting. Sometime this winter between engine rebuild and fream setup for next season, i'll replace the bearing's. Already know it's gonna be a bitch to get mine out cause it was rolled over a few year's ago and it got bent in the aftermath of landing 90' over a bank and into a creek.

Take a sparkplug socket (those fuckers that always come in socket sets that you hardly ever use) and grind the lip square on the hex side. Once that lip is square with a sharp edge just put it on a large extender and hammer out the bearings. It also helps to soak them in wd40 overnight, that usually frees up the rust. While hammering them out you have to alternate sides, since the bearing will go cockeyed and get jammed if you don't. This happens to the best of us, the factory doesn't pack nearly enough grease in there, and when you ride through water it nukes em. As for the bolt mine never got stuck, only the bearings.

yea mine did that befor it was a pain kinda i had to take my air box out and use a hack saw and cut the bolt on both sides between the frame and till it droped out and my bearings were fried in there when woud not move i had to use a die grinder to getthem out and i used a half inch all thread rod to get buy till my bolt came in from yamaha but i put a greese fitting on my a arm to reduce the risk of getting that prolbum again and ive done that 3 years ago and have not had that prolbum sence

Back