Strange 2-piece header

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madcow

Reaction score
Well I bought a new header off ebay, the seller wasn't sure what company it's made by. It's made up of 2 pieces and seems to have a different shape than stock. I'm just wondering what company it's made by. Here's a crappy cell phone camera picture:
1198349906.jpg

Like my new red paint job? :p Also, I can't seem to separate these two halves, they're stock together really strong, any suggestions? I think that I'll need to spin the back half a bit for it to fit right, but I can't do that either.

yeah, my guess would be dg too.

Was it painted red when you bought it or did you do that? Interesting color choice either way...

Thanks, I checked DG's site and you're probably right. And yes, I painted it with high temp paint, I wanted it to stand out, and red makes sense because that's the secondary colour of my quad. I also can't stand the look of a rusty pipe.

Mine's all banged up and it leaks where it connects to the pipe. In cold weather you can see exhaust gas coming out of the crack.

My DG is chrome, did this look chrome color where it wasn'r rusting? If you heat up the outer pipe, it will expand, and you should be able to get them to separate. This might not do much for your paint job, though!

No it was badly tarnished, everything was a light brown and the metal itself was badly pitted.

Latest posts

Back