Storage

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skivt

Reaction score
Anyone ever create a way to carry stuff for longer rides? I was thinking about mounting a quick connect box to the grab bar. Might also carry small gas can or camping gear.

May need to bring half my tools with me when I first get this 87 running.

I have both racks on mine during the race season. I use my warrior at the track to carry tires and misc eqip needed to change a tire during a race. They are very easy to remove when you go trail riding.

Definitely a good option. Especially since they are easy on/off.

Has anyone made a carrier that goes on the grab bar? I was thinking of a simple design to hold 30-50 lbs of stuff.

Just looked at the pics of my machine again and realize there is very little to work with on the bar as it is small. For some reason I must have been looking at some of the aftermarket ones that are bigger.

These are the problems with my machine being 200 miles away with my brother in law while I heal from my knee surgery. I get a good idea but without the machine here to look at it, I get carried away. Thank you for the hint on the aftermarket racks, they are a great idea.

What do you guys carry with you on trail rides? Do you bring gas, tools, tow ropes, etc.

I like the 6 pack rack. Just enough to get you out and back. ;~)

The rear rack on mine is hooked to the grab bar. The rack will hold quite a bit. I have had somebody sit on the rack at the track and took them were they needed to go.

O i guess the 2 grab bars i have are not stock then? They are steel but look like stock?

Here is one of my grab bars that im customizing For practicing wheelies on cement or anything else i want to use it for.

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

My grab bar is the factory steel one. The rack I have is from Cambridge metal company I believe. It came out of parts unlimited atv catalog. It's pretty well built, I carry 2 14inch wide late model tires on it. I have also gave a friend a ride and he sat on the rack when i took him to his car. The grab bar was bent and I bent it back and haven't had any problems with it bending again. The rack is rated for 65lbs but i have hauled a 250 lbs person on it.

I have both of those racks and if your wanting to carry things those are the ones to get. The only down side is you have to use tools to get the racks off. I decided to get a few steel wingnuts and tack weld them on the top of the bolts and they are easy to take off if I'm in a hurry to go riding when I want to.

Haha i just modded it some more i might post some pics later but back to the original topic.

Back