Stock jetting?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtfan07

Reaction score
Got my carb off to clean it and was wondering if I should re-jet while I have it apart. Quad is completely stock and I ride from 0-1,000ft elevation. It didn't run good enough for a plug reading before taking it apart. I have some experience with Yamaha sleds and they are always jetted way fat from the factory. Just wondering since it's kinda a pain in the azz to get the carb off and on. Thanks

Well if you feel it wasnt jetted properly before, yea this would be the time to do it. But you probably dont know if it was running rough or not, right?

If its completely stock I would probably leave it for now and see how it runs once its cleaned.

Yeah, I have no idea how it ran other than the prev owner telling me "good". I've seen a bunch of ater market re-jet kits and figured the factory ones weren't good. Thought I would just change them now so I didn't have to remove the rack, both fenders, front bumper, and gas tank again to get to it. Are the re-jet kits for pipes and filters then?

Yea rejetting kits are pretty much just for when you increase airflow via aftermarket pipes, filters, etc.

Back