stock carb float level?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2000warrior350

Reaction score
how do u set it ?

i cleaned my carb until it was spotless , its been runnin fine for about two tanks then tonight it started floodin out again...if i hold the starter button,stand on the foot pegs and rock the quad HARD side to side it will spit and sputter and start up....than as long as i stay on the gas it will stay runnin...the only thing different then the last two tanks for gas is i used some gas out of mu buddies can...later found out it was 87 ...i always run 93...u think this could be the problem? or does it sound like its floodin out ???......someone said that the place he got the gas from had water in it ..but i dont know, also they were runnin the same gas in their 400ex,and two xr100s and had no problems

found this .. seems like a good test .......

before you start tearing into the carb here's a small test you can do to check your float level. take off the over flow hose on the bottom of the carb and attach a clear piece of tube to the stem you just took the hose off of. make sure it's long enough so you can hold it up above the carb but don't kink it at the bottom. now open the screw on the side of the bowl. (right behind where the hose is comming out) you will see gas starting ot fill the hose. when it stops blow into the hose to get the air out. the gas will refill the hose. if it stops right at the line where the bowl seperates from the carb then your float height is correct. if it's above or below that line then it needs to be adjusted. if it needs to be adjusted do the follwing...................

the float bowl is on the bottom of the carb and is held on by 4 small screws. if you take that off that's where your float is. to adjust it you have to push the float pin out and then the float comes right off. but don't lose the little valve neddle that's hanging from the float. the little metal tab that the valve neddle is hanging on is where you adjust your float height. you have to bend it gently with a screw driver. when your done you have to check it to make sure it's right. you have to take the carb off to do this.

Latest posts

Back