stock 01 Warrior needs to whip a 400ex butt

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGL381

Reaction score
Hey guys, got a stock 01 Warrior that i want to mod to whip my neighbors 06 400ex butt. He can walk away from me on a straight blast and i dont like it, at all...My warrior runs great now with no issues, just needs that extra POW!!!....Ideas???....got a $500 budget. The 400ex is bored to 406 and has a FMF slip on, the rest is all stock....

Pipe with a good jetting job along with an uni filter with 5 one inch holes in air box. Also a sprocket change to a 14 or 15 tooth would help. All under 400 for you if you find a deal.:

Hey guys, got a stock 01 Warrior that i want to mod to whip my neighbors 06 400ex butt. He can walk away from me on a straight blast and i dont like it, at all...My warrior runs great now with no issues, just needs that extra POW!!!....Ideas???....got a $500 budget. The 400ex is bored to 406 and has a FMF slip on, the rest is all stock....
Your gonna need alittle more than that but it will be a great start.. First exhaust and jet.. Then go from there..

That's a pretty tall order. The above suggestions are spot on. A $500 budget might get you close to him but I don't think you will spank him.
I would add a HotCam stage 1 to the order too.

I'm with Josh on this, you can get close but I don't think with a $500 budget you will ever "spank" a piped 400ex. If I were you I would hold that $500 as long as you can to pick up parts when guys sell on here and make that money go as far as you can. The suggestions above are a very good start.

Most all of of my parts have been used. I'm not afraid to buy that way, it makes your dollar go further. Some of us give parts away to people in need. Called pay it forward.

When i had my 05 raptor and my buddy has a 02 400 ex stock for stock the raptor would just barely win a 1/4 mile. He put a rev box in and smoked me so i got a yoshi pipe and jet, then he gets a trinity, so i buy different sprockets, he bores out to 440...i give up and he gets a yfz450 carb. Only way to beat that 400ex is to have a bigger wallet than he does

Back