still cant get my warrior to start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.E.Warrior97-2001

Reaction score
Im adding a video maybe some of u guys can tell me what is wrong with my warrior. I have a couple older posts about what is goin on with it. It has new starter clutch, just tore the starter all the way down cleaned it compleatly brushes looked ok, new rmstator cdi box (actually a second new box, I sent the first one back for troubleshooting to make sure i had a good box) new timing chain and valve job, trouble shooted the wireing, had an older post about trouble shooting the stator and picup coil, and the parkbrake has been tied up tight to bypass it... If u hold the gas down it cranks almost all the time, if u let off the gas its like it gets hickups lol. We didnt try to pull start tonight but goin to in the morn, with all the new parts it looks like it would start with the key.

Well i cant load a video it says file is invalid, guess i need help with this 2
:argh:

Have you tried an new plug and is it getting fuel or spark. And is the carb tuned right cuz when I rebuilt my carb I had the air/ fuel mix way too rich and it would literally fowl a plug in 10 minutes of riding

New plug, Plug seems to stay dry we poured gas in the plug hole still came out pretty much dry. did u watch the vid ??

Okay so this is crazy, the T on the flywheel is lined up with the timing mark but the line on the cam chain is straight down!!! How can this happen??? I was gonna adjust my valves to the exact clerance and just happen to take the cam cover off to and found this. Also what is the best clerance for factory valves and engine ?? I have timed the is atv prob a hundred times so it should be in time..

rotate the crank one full revolution and it will turn the cam right way up, the crank turns 2 revolutions to the cams 1 revolution. thats normal bro, quit worrying!

Could i have timed it 180 out ? Does this happen only one in awile cuz it done this 1 other time that i have seen ?? I should time it on the compression stroke right ??

okay thanx im goin out to the garage to try this again, what should i set my valves on ??I think it was 6-10 on int i was thinkin 8 what about the exaust

Tested stator, pickup, and source coil here is what i came up with... This is a 99 warrior according to the serial #

3 white wires meter set on 200
Combanation 1 = 1.4 and 1.4
Combanation 2 = 1.5 and 1.5
Combanation 3 = 1.5 and 1.5

Red to White = 356 with meter set on 2000
Green to black = 353 with meter set on 2000

Back