Steering Dampners/Stabalizers?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98warrior

Reaction score
Is anyone running a dampner/stabalizer? I've been thinking of adding one to the christmas list this year but was wondering if they are worth it and what brand to get that is'nt gona break the bank? Any input will help.

I run one on my LTR and will never ride without one again. I'll be getting one for the 350 soon.

Ive got the Denton on my Kfx700 and will never ride that quad without one. It really reduces the shock that goes into your wrists and has made riding safer and less fatiguing. I think the Kfx700 really benefits because its real wide in the front and transmits alot into the bars. If you dont suffer wrist fatigue or sprains save your money, for me its worth it since I can ride alot longer before I get tired and it has saved me from several spained wrists and I cant work if Im injured.

Can i get one for the 350? I do alot of fast trail riding and ive had the bars jerk out my hands from stumps, logs, holes, or just being stupid. Would this help me. Like a know it wont help the being stupid part but what about the others?

Couldn't find any for the 350, Elka may have one but i don't want to send them and Email. Has anyone tried the YFZ 450 damper? Theres a couple on eBay for $150.

check ebay..I know PEP makes one for the warrior..I dont know if that would work for the raptor or not but look on ebay..theres always PEPs on there for the warrior

Gibson steering stabilizer for the YFM350
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Raptor-660-Warrior-350-Steering-Stabilizer-Dampener-YFM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43974QQihZ008QQitemZ180157192623QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

I have a Precision steering stabilizer on my Outlaw 525 and really like it, but it is by no means cheap. It is adjustable for center and side tension. And yes Elka makes one but it costs as much and even a little more than the Precision.

(have to copy and paste the whole link.) Why the hell does this forum not highlight the whole link half the time????

Back