Steering dampner

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rods

Reaction score
Was thinking about dropping $126.00 on a JL steering dampner. What they claim and how well they actually perform may be two differant things. I see in some profiles, guy's have the PEP dampner and was wandering if this is a better unit &/or am I wasting money. I grazed the but end of a cut down tree on the trail and had the handlebars ripped out of my day dreaming hands. Would this thing help a daydreamer?

Steering dampner will definitely help with this problem. There's a bunch of cheap steering stabilizers running about in the ~$125 range. If you look at them closely you'll most look exactly the same. That's because most of them are the same stablilizer with a different decal on them.

All of these will to a decent job at helping with bumping into things.

For a few dollars more, streamline brakes (www.streamlinebrakes.com) makes a little nicer one. I just got one of these for my Raptor. You can get a decent deal on one at MotoSport (http://www.motosport.com). The billet clamps on these are top notch construction.

Although they do not list a kit for the Wolverine, I just took the kit for my Raptor 660 and it bolted right up to the '07 Woverine. I may just have to buy a 2nd one for that bike (I haven't gotten around to adding one yet).

-Skramblr

Latest posts

Back