Stator Ohming too high??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtstalker

Reaction score
I decided to test my stator while I was tinkering around on the bike, I know the stator is supposed to ohm at 0.7-0.8. Mine is ohming at 1.1-1.2 on all 3 wires. Is this bad? I know there is a thread somewhere discussing this, but for the life of me I couldn't find it anywhere.

On the 3 white wires coming out of the stator, they should all have 0.7~0.8 ohms resistance in all three combinations. That means imagine numbering each white wire either 1, 2, or 3. Check 1 to 2, 1 to 3 and 2 to 3. Also, check any one of the white wires to the laminated iron core of the stator. ANY continuity to ground indicates the stator has had an insulation breakdown and will have to be replaced.

To test the Source coil (for the ignition) connect your pocket tester from the white/green wire to the red wire. Resistance should be 270~330 ohms resistance.

To test the pickup coil, connect your tester from the blue to the yellow wire. Resistance should be 171~209 ohms resistance.

compliments of Bones

#5's stator is fried too just the charging part so had to order a new one today the white wires ohm at 1.9

I know how to test the stator and coils. And I have that very same info saved for quick reference lol. Everything is testing way high. Coils are testing 75-100 ohms higher and stator is testing 1.1-1.3 on each wire. Does this mean all of it is fried or what?

yep just order a complete stator I've had really good luck with Caltric stators on ebay I just bought one for #5 brand new 1 year warranty for $35 shipped what year warrior you have?

It got spark earlier with the stator ohming too high. I didn't check the coils til later, and no spark now. I unplugged the wire on the reverse lever and it sparked for a few seconds then quit. Now..no spark at all. And regarding the caltric stators..this is the second one, and neither have lasted longer then 6 months.

Ive bought 2 over a year ago and they are still going strong in my buddys 94 and my 01 warrior

and they have a 1 year warranty why don't you just replace them if it's only been 6 months?

I've already replaced it once..if it's gonna be junk again i'll just get one somewhere else. I finally got it going though, changed out the ignition coil, and it fired up just fine. The stator and other coils reading so high will prolly fry it out soon though.

Back