starting problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellsing73

Reaction score
ok let me start i have a 98 warrior and when i got the owner befor me put a different starter button in and bypassed the original one that was broke. so i bought a new switch assy to fix it but when i hooked up the now one and tryed it. it did nothing. so i checked the new switch and its working but im not sure if the starter solenoid is good or bad. is their something i can check to see if its good or bad?

i have not jumped it at the solenoid just yet. the po had a wire from the battery to the starter with a button to start it

Sounds like you're going to need a manual with a wiring diagram, and try and get all the wiring straight. More than likely, the starter solenoid is bad, and the previous owner bypassed it instead of buying a new one.

ya thats what im thinking but he said they bypassed it cause the push start broke. and i seen the push switch and it was broken. tho whole button was pushed in and done.

ok update i got a new starter solenoid and it still doses not work. i tracked the wires from it both way one runs up to the front and the other runs to a relay. im thinking the relay is bad but is their a way to check it?

Does it start if you jump the solenoid?

yes. so i got the new relays to day and messed with it and still could not get it to start with the start button. so i grounded one of the wires on the relay and got the start button to work. so i tracked the wire back to the cdi box and took it off and the back looks like its messed up. but if i jump the solenoid it will start and run. so does that mean my cdi box could be going out?

what exactly is "messed up"? It sounds like that's your issue though. If it runs, then the CDI should be fine

Well i still could never find out why it would not start with the push button. So i just grouned one side on the relay so it will work.

Latest posts

Back