Starting Problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cancerstix

Reaction score
So I seem to have an issue with my 99 warrior. When I hit my starter button the quad sounds like the starter is dying or the battery is dead. If I take a screw driver and hit the starter solenoid posts it starts fine no grinding or dead battery clicking. This what I have done so far. I have a new Gel battery thats always on a tender. I have replaced the starter solenoid 3 times buying the cheapest on up to about the 40 dollar one. I have cleaned all wire connections and connectors. I have taken apart the start button and cleaned it out. I dont know whats going on any help would be great. I dont want to carry a screw driver everywhere! LOL Thanks Guys.

Sounds like something is loose either in the start button or the wires that hook the start button to the solenoid. I would look more deeply into that circuit. Maybe a wire is pinched or broken, something like that. That or you bought 3 bad starter solenoids in a row, but kind of doubt that.

Latest posts

Back