Starting Problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
both of those wires can stop you quad from running the "sky blue" wire is "Neutral switch lead" it goes to the neutral relay and the light and the "fuse link" goes on the positive post on the "starter celeonoid" and it's for the main switch

if you look at yamahauler last pic you can see where the red fuse link goes and you can see the other side of the "sky blue" wire going in to the green relay

Last edited:
Where is the neutral relay? I don't see how the fuse link is suppose to go on the positive post. Can someone post a picture of it?

2012-03-15115246.jpg

you can see the skyblue wire coming out of the green relay

and you can the fuse link as well it plugs in the small red wire coming off the positive battery wire

[/attach]

I don't know how to make the pictures big like you did but you can still see it pretty good. The red one goes to the celeonoid in your picture. Could that be why it won't start? And I'm pretty sure the black one on the bottom of my motor is called the "Neutral switch lead" Looked it up in a manual. Where does it plug in though?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Warr...ies&hash=item2ebc3e948f&vxp=mtr#ht_3659wt_956

That'll work for my Warrior right?
the neutrall switch wire plugs in straight in from the shifter right under the oil filter cover. As far as the red wire that is the solenoid fuse wire and I believe it does need to be hooked up to start what end is disconnected?

Alright so I'm pretty sure I got the neutral switch lead plugged in. Well it's plugged in, just hope in the right place. But I don't see any way that I can plug that red wire into the positive post of the solenoid.

if you want to check if there is a switch problem find the black wire with the white stripe on the cdi box. take a paperclip or something small and take this wire out of the plug and then plug the connector back into the cdi box. you can simply cut this wire (not Recommended) and spice it back together later. this wire bypasses "every" kill switch in the wiring harness so if it does start there is a switch problem. if it dont start is the stator.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a switch problem. Pretty sure it's just that red wire that goes to the solenoid. But I don't understand how it goes it. Yamahauler, can you peel back that rubber cover on your solenoid and post a picture of it? Or anyone at all.

under the rubber boot on the solenoid is a stud with a nut on it for connecting the wires. just put a ring terminal on the wire after you slide it though the boot and bolt it on the solenoid

Well the end of the wire is a male lead, like it plugs into something. Do I just cut it off and put a ring on it?

Latest posts

Back