Starting problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floridaredneck

Reaction score
Long time no talk everyone. I got out of riding my raptor for almost a year. Ever since I got a truck a job and a girlfriend I really haven't had the time/ desire to ride. I figured since its been sitting so long I might as well sell it and buy a small manual car.

So to the problem I went to start it up and it turned over but it did it really slow and week. So I jump started it, didn't help. I bought a new starter. It helped it turn over quick but it still didn't help it run. I am pretty sure its the carburetor that needs to be cleaned but honestly I really don't want to go thought the carb and clean it. Is their any place to buy a cheap carb or buy a whole re-build kit?

Or even better some one want to give me $1500 for it?

Thanks guys, Mike.

Are you really that lazy? It should take you all of 30 minutes to take that carb off, clean it, and re-install it!

There's no point in getting a rebuild kit until you know that something inside is damaged, if the thing sat for a year with 10% ethanol pump fuel in it, most likely the carb is just gummed up and needs a quick cleaning to get it going again. Buying a cheap carb isn't the way to go either, there's a good chance that you end up with one in worse condition than your own.

A couple months ago I bought a 66 International Harvester garden tractor that had sat for 5 years in a shed with old fuel in it. The gas I drained out of it was almost as dark as root beer, but I just sprayed everything good with some carb cleaner and it fired right up. If that 40 year old carb sat for 5 years and cleaning it solved the problem there's no reason cleaning yours shouldn't fix it.

Truck and girlfriend and job keepin ya too busy? Really? I got a full time job and am part-time on a pyrotechnics crew, got a girlfriend, quad, dual sport bike, sports car, truck, 2 tractors, and i'm restoring an old house right now and I still have time for everything! Gotta learn to multitask, man! Take the girl for a ride on the quad! And if she doesn't want to, dump her and get urself a country girl, problem solved (worked for me, anyways)

The girl is wanting me to take her for a ride, thats why I am fixing it. I go to high school, I also am going to school for welding, working 30hr weeks. Fixing two trucks, now this. I also think the starter clutch is going on by reading some symptoms another member described.

Latest posts

Back