Starting Isuues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaharaptor350

Reaction score
Yea went out to take a night ride tonight at like 9:30 and hoped on my quad turned the gas on and put gas in it. Had a normal startup usually starts great. In the summer no choke first push of the starter. Today it fired right up for me but within not even a minute it stals on me right before I go to put my helmet on. I turned over fine just acted like it was out of gas. So after a few failed attempts a starting it I pulled the plug. Plug looked fine, a little dark but I also didnt rejet for the season. So I check for spark and theres nothing. Dont knowI should o do next, what else should I look for. I also noticed that when I pulled in the clutch and put it in gear and tried to start it it would roll forward a bit when it tried to fire.... I know my clutch is starting to go but wasnt sure if the rolling in gear thing had anythin to do with the starting issue. Im not great with this stuff so any help would be sweet, thanx guys

It's somewhat normal for the clutch to grab when the bike is cold. The clutch pack will stick together because of the oil.
I guess the first thing I would try is a new spark plug. I'm really suprised that it would be spark not unless it was running rich at an idle and it fouled the spark plug. Start there...

yea tried a new plug that night but it didnt do ****, the bike isnt getting any spark, have to look at it further tomorrow in the light just worked all day today so had no time to look further

Are you grounding the plug to a metal portion of the frame. I cant see the bike just compelely losing spark all at once.... you should at least get a little flash here and there.

ok yea ends up the battery was just dead or didnt have enough juice to fire it up hah... im a moron, just confused me the way it happened. Jumped it with my little bros quad and it fired right up thanx for the help tho guys

Latest posts

Back