Starting Issues!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxhothead

Reaction score
Hey guys. My neighbor has a 1995 wolvey that i've been trying to get running again. the engine is in excellent shape the problem is that the electric starter doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it's the starter relay when I hit the start button I get a singlle click. but nothing goes to the starter motor. The starter motor works fine it's just I don't know how else to start the damn thing. Do you know if there's anyway to get a pullstart/ retro-fit one for a 1995? because I can't for the life of me get it running and I wish I had a way to jump the damn thing. I checked the ENTIRE wireharness and all that's good so i'm stumped. but like I said... if there's some way to jump the thing or somehow pullstart it or atleast get power to the ignition coil and the starter so I can atleast get a spark to ignite engine. I would try pushing it and throwin' it into gear but.... it's not very easy to push...

any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks a bunchhh!

-Jimmy

Last edited by a moderator:
If you hear a click when you press the starter button, it sounds like the solenoid is working. Its possible to be bad, but a click is a good sign.

Do you have a multimeter? I would check for voltage at the starter when you are trying to start it.

You did say the starter works though, so I'm confused. Do you mean it works out of the quad but not in it? If it spins when its out of the quad, and not while its in it, is there any obstructions in the motor?

Whenever I get that "click" on starting, its a reminder to take off and clean the connections on the battery, relay and starter. That usually fixes things for me...

If you think its the solenoid thats bad, why not just replace it?

Might just be the battery, or a bad coonection. I would try to jump-wire it from the battery to the starter...see what happens.

Like when I connect the battery positive terminal to the starter motor cable the starter motor does infact turn the engine over it's just that when I push the button I only get one click. so for some reason i'm not getting power to the starter through the relay or sumthin. like I cann't get the starter motor to engage naturally.

Buy a cheap switch and rig wire it.

Crazy question. When you say get a cheap switch and rig wire. like, what would I wire to what so I can ride this baby?

thank you for all of your help. I'm obviously a bit of and atv virgin so all of the help and ideas are like... incredibly helpful.

oh last question. Do they sell a recoil starter for it? cuz if for some reason I get stuck... well... I'd really appreciate a pull start. My neighbor said when he looked into getting one originally it was like $300 but I can't seem to find one. well, I did find one but it's for a 2000+ warrior/wolvey but i'm not sure if I need a whole knew left case just to hold the damn thing. like. does it go where that big straight screw goes. the one that is like infront of the starter pulley?

MAYBE its ur battery i was stuck on an island the other day and come to find out the batterys termanl was loose so i fixed it and started right up

Latest posts

Back