Starting issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamdaman

Reaction score
This has been driving me nuts! My warrior has been messed up since last July. (never got around to fixing it) Every time I try to start it the starter just spins and the piston doesn't move at all and the solenoid gets really hot. I've replaced the starter, starter clutch, and battery and I've cleaned off all the connections but still have the same problem.

Only thing I can think of is that the flywheel key is sheared off and the fly wheel is spinning on the crank. Have you removed the inspection plug on the stator cover to see if the flywheel tuns when you crank it?

when you did the starter clutch did you see the slot on crankshaft thats where the key goes ... was it there????

Thanks for the help we finally got it running! Both of the starters were junk so we took them apart and and used the good parts to make one working starter.

I was just going to sugest for you to look a the starter. Was going to say the gear might be broken from the armature.

Back