Starting issue

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikehock414

Reaction score
i have an 05 350 raptor i was told it has a bigger cam in it but not a 100% sure...but anyways if i try to start it, it will just crank and crank all day but will not start up but i can jump start it and it fires up as soon as it touch the button...it has a new battery on it...any ideas? thanks

Starter gear went out? Does the starter feel or sound like its not turning the engine over? Does it crank over slowly?

the motor turns over just dosent start.. but as soon as i jump it, its starts right up and i can let it run for a minute and shut it off and it will start right back up...

load test the battery...it could still be bad. it's happened to me twice in the last couple years, brand new batteries

If the battery drops voltage low enough she'll still crank but not start. That's why when you jump it it starts, enough voltage. Also, it Will restart after you run it a bit b/c the stator/rectifers are working & putting what is called a surface charge in the battery. If the battery is supposed to be fairly new then you should Prolly put a battery tender on it to keep good charge.

the battery is brand new i just baught it maybe a month ago...and also is it normal for my raptor to have pecking coming from the lifters? we have adjusted them but they still peck

no...i charged it the other day for a couple of hours and it still wouldnt start just cranks....so i probably see about getting another battery? or have it tested first?

Back