Starter Problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clark4131

Reaction score
I need a little diagnosing help. My '07 was running fine until I let my kids wash it the other day. After that, the starter won't engage. All I get is a killer buzzing from the relay under the seat. I haven't had time to trace anything yet, but I was hoping someone might have some insight as to what the likely problem is. Thankfully, I retro-fitted a pull start on it when I first bought it and it fires and runs like a top with that, but no more magic button! All other electrical components work fine, gauge, lights, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks...SC

After I drowned mine, the relay and controll pack for the winch giot wet and killed the battery,I let them dry out, charged the battery and now its good as new.

Nope, not the battery. The entire electrical system is fine, but the starter won't engage. The battery is on a tender and is a-ok...SC

take a jumper wire and jump it from the positive post on the battery to the terminal on the starter. if it starts the starter is not the problem. if it dosent it needs a starter.:)

I have a question. Do you know if there's anyway to get a pullstart/ retro-fit one for a 1995? because I can't for the life of me get it running and I wish I had a way to jump the damn thing.

Back