Starter problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idle

Reaction score
My bottom starter bolt sheared off the case......any ideas on how to make a new hole for the bolt on the case. I was think alot of jb weld and then drill it and tap it for a new thread. Any info would help and where the hell can i get some tires for under 50 bucks a tire? Couple more issues i have problems about also. Whats the difference if i get 20x11-19 or 22x11-9 like how much clearance will i lose and inch right, and does anyone have better torque or accel, do u get hung up on more ****? I ride really rocky trails so i just wanted to know. Second my quad after it sits for a few days will smoke black for like two seconds on start up normal or no?

I put a washer then nut a little bigger then the bolt then weld to the bolt, then nut to get the heat to it. I would try turning the nut to break the bolt free.
I beleive there is a 1/2" ground clearance difference between the two tires.. if you do a search you would find all you need to know.
I'm not sure about prices I would try e-bay.

Black smoke could be a leaking needle and float assembly. I would shut the gas off when not in use.

The bolts arent sezed. The bottom one tore off the block like the whole hole where the bolt goes the top one rip the threads on the inside out. IDK what to do.

helicoil? Whats that and whats it have to do with the starter bolts being ripped off? I think im gonna jb wled the bottom and retap it and fill the top bolt hole with jb weld and retap that aswell. Any suggestions.

helicoil? Whats that and whats it have to do with the starter bolts being ripped off? I think im gonna jb wled the bottom and retap it and fill the top bolt hole with jb weld and retap that aswell. Any suggestions.

ok.. first off it(heli-coil) has very thing to do with your starter bolts being broke off... meaning this is how you fix the problem.
Take a good bolt down to the hardware store and have them measure the pitch of the threads. This will tell you what size heli coil to get.
Also the size of the heli coil that you get will also tell you what size drill bit to drill the hole out as you have to tap the hole to a larger size then thread in the spec sized heli coil that will make new threads for your bolt.

well the metal that once held those bolts in is now gone.......so what should i do about that?

so you're saying that the case busted where the two starter bolts thread into the case half housing?

Back