Starter clutch kit questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digger838

Reaction score
So I got my electric start working on my new to me 99' and it has a wicked bad nocking noise when I start it and sometimes when I shut it off, after some searching figured it was the starter clutch.

I found this one on eBay with all these parts that were suggested to be replaced at the same time. What I would like to know is if this is a good kit?
https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/281808262747

I also plan on putting a new clutch kit in it and the raptor arm and cable mod at the same time.

Any info or suggestions will be appreciated

So I ended up ordering a starter clutch/gear/bearing and gasket off amazon. It had good reviews.

Do I need to buy factory Allen head bolts to replace the ones that come out of the flywheel? I here they "strip out" when they are taken out. Should I buy OEM or will they be ok to put back in as long as I don't take them out with an impact?

Mine has a bad knocking noise too when you try and start it. I'm waiting to hear all the comments on this and can't wait to hear the results. I have never changed out a starter clutch. Is it bad?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

So I ended up ordering a starter clutch/gear/bearing and gasket off amazon. It had good reviews.

Do I need to buy factory Allen head bolts to replace the ones that come out of the flywheel? I here they "strip out" when they are taken out. Should I buy OEM or will they be ok to put back in as long as I don't take them out with an impact?

I wonder how this kit worked out. I personally woulda went OEM on everything. I already gambled with garbage parts and lost on the starter clutch. For the extra money just go OEM. So worth it

I wonder how this kit worked out. I personally woulda went OEM on everything. I already gambled with garbage parts and lost on the starter clutch. For the extra money just go OEM. So worth it

I haven't installed it yet, life has gotten in the way along with working on mine and my buddies jeeps haha so either it will be a winter project or if I ever get a free weekend with nothing to do and it's raining haha, I do have a pull start that works great so I'm good on not using the electric start and not causing problems rite???

i reused my allen bolts when i did it, which was probably 6 years ago. the bolts are "peened" in and very very hard to get out... hence people have problem

Back