Starter button HELP

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrZyCountry

Reaction score
Tried swapping the starter button from my 99 to my 96 today. Well the 99 had one plug 6 wires and then another wire with its own plug. The 96 has 2 plugs one with 4 wires one with 3. No biggie just cut the wires and reconnect them to the other plug. There all the same colors from one plug to the other. DONE!!!! Or so I thought but NO start the lights work but thats it. I need help cant ride if it wont start and im off for 7 days please help me. THANKS

:atv:

wow thats weird you would think it would work just fine. it did work before you swapped them right?

Yes it work well 5yrs ago when I blew the motor on the 99. It got dark. Hoping I just pulled something else loose when I was pulling the plugs loose. Gonna check it out tomorrow.

Fixed

Well got er fixed. The wires are spliced about 3 to 4 inches from the start button. The are spliced differently. Made the splices the same and it starts yeah. Back to wheelin OH YEAH
:atv:

Latest posts

Back