Starter burned out

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
x2. when starters go on quads they are usually pretty much cant be saved. every rebuilt starter ive ever done was never the same and burnt out about a month or so. just buy a new one so your not left stranded in a bad situation

Thnx everyone, I've spent more time wrenching than riding this bike. I'd rather have a new starter for the right price. I have had good luck with rebuilt starters in the past, but it's all about$40 than get a new one for $140 @ Rmstator.

Are the new ones on ebay any good my starter just went are they worth buying?

Ebay has some kick butt stuff theere is a seller named db electrical they have a starter thatzs called a gold seires starter its a high torque racing starter and have a 2 year warrentie they are almost bullet proof I use it on my rappy and my 02 and quad addict has one on his and if I remember right its only like $70

i got another question why the hell Didn't these come with a pull start, and i notice when you are looking at OEM parts diagrams you can by them anyone got one? Pro's or Con's on them?

you mean a pull starter? my starter clutch went so i put one on mine, the th ings kinda a pig to pull over but usually starts pretty easy, plus theres now storage space under my seat

Back