Started some training!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1998yamahawarrior

Reaction score
Well about 2 weeks ago I started my GM training, lets just say so far its been easier than the 2 yrs of school I just got done doing!!! LOL Hoping it helps further me in and pay raises come sooner. Ive been busting my ass on it, trying to absorb everything I can. Luckily most of it is WBT ( web based training) so I can do it at home and best of all get paid to do it!!!!!!!!!

Figured my fellow techs would be interested in this and if any of you need something specific that you can only get from the GM Tech website let me know and Ill get it for you!!! Lets call it a perk!!! The website does me no good considering I dont and refuse to own anymore GM's, but I do need it to fix alot at work!!!

They arent bad, but Ive noticed when they do have a problem its a duzzy!!!

Since Ive started Ive logged a little over 25 hours!!! Every morning Ive come in with more training and my service writers are like holy **** do you ever sleep!!! LOL

Biggest problem with a Blazer/s10/s15/Bravada/Jimmy, is when you do have to work on them, there is no ****** room! I'm a big GM guy, but, I don't care for the 2nd gen S platform. It's square body or bust for me! Lol. Keep up the readin!

Damn guys, that is a super popular truck, we have tons around here, and I do very little on them. But, that's how the cookie crumbles... Lol. I put an engine in one back in May. The absolute worst part is the bellhousing bolts. After that it's a breeze. Almost better then the lifter cover on a 5.9 Cummins... Cover is easy, it's all the **** in that way of it that's not.

Biggest problem with a Blazer/s10/s15/Bravada/Jimmy, is when you do have to work on them, there is no ****** room! I'm a big GM guy, but, I don't care for the 2nd gen S platform. It's square body or bust for me! Lol. Keep up the readin!

Your telling me!!! Remember Im no small guy!!!! My wife had a 83 s10 blazer back in the day! Figured Id found the right woman when she bought it to!! 32x12.5 mud tires, built up 305, 3" body lift, B&M ratchet shifter, light bar on top, brush gaurd on front, and KC lights on both!!! Mind you she's under 5'5" and around 100 lbs soaking wet!!! She actually had to use the nerf bars that were on it to get in and I didnt have to talk her into buying it!! Pain to change plugs and wires in though!!!

Working on s10s with the v6 SUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKSSSSS.

Work on one with a V8 and we'll talk!!!! LOL

I do it all day everyday at work
I would but theres actually cars to work on and lots of trade in inspections!!! LOL The inspections seem to net me more cash than anything though, as long as they need something. Tires, brakes, and oil changes I can fly on, so its good when a single vehicle needs them all!!!! Then theres alignments that if its a newer vehicle goes pretty quick to, older ones tend to fight movement!!!

fords triton motors suck ass also

Not all... The 4.6, a variant of the 5.4, is actually a damn tough engine. We've only ever replaced 2 in 12 years. The 5.4 however, is a turd for power, and a real pile of ****.

I would but theres actually cars to work on and lots of trade in inspections!!! LOL The inspections seem to net me more cash than anything though, as long as they need something. Tires, brakes, and oil changes I can fly on, so its good when a single vehicle needs them all!!!! Then theres alignments that if its a newer vehicle goes pretty quick to, older ones tend to fight movement!!!

I don't mind aligning older cars. I hate aligning Ford trucks, and ANYTHING European! Those rediculas upper balljoint bushings on that antiquated steering/suspenion set up Ford just seems to have a hard-on for, pisses me off. Idk how many times I've had to completely disassemble the knuckle just to get a ****** bushing out...

fords triton motors suck ass also

Most ford engines suck specially the ecoboost ones.
I dont find the tritons that bad and the only real problem ones are the ones that have the plug issues. But those are a breeze for me to!!! Havent gotten to tough an eco boost yet, but Id love to drive one. Havent really heard anything bad yet. All the owners Ive talked to love them.

You wanna talk about things sucking, what the hell was GM thinking when they made like the Traverse and the only way to get the oil filter is from the top and your touching a just off the road exhaust manifold. And dont get me started on Suzukis.

No, but a Vortec 350 is a direct swap... Plugs ain't too bad really. I pull the front wheels, remove the splash sheild, and get at them plugs PDQ. Easy...
**** almost any 350 Ive seen dropped in!! Its crazy some of the stuff Ive seen done!!! I was just out of high school when she had it, so I wasnt smart enough to remove that stuff!!! LOL But if alex thinks getting your hands in a V6 is bad, he should try one thats had a V8 swapped inless room everywhere. Especially if they decided to keep some of the amenities like A/C

You want to see no room? This damn jeep in my garage has a TBI 350 in it and that has NO room left.

Not all... The 4.6, a variant of the 5.4, is actually a damn tough engine. We've only ever replaced 2 in 12 years. The 5.4 however, is a turd for power, and a real pile of ****.

I don't mind aligning older cars. I hate aligning Ford trucks, and ANYTHING European! Those rediculas upper balljoint bushings on that antiquated steering/suspenion set up Ford just seems to have a hard-on for, pisses me off. Idk how many times I've had to completely disassemble the knuckle just to get a ****** bushing out...
Ive had a couple chevy trucks that are only like 3 years old and the one of the cams refused to move much if at all. Got lucky though and was able to use what movement they had and the other one for that arm and get everything in spec. With as many newer trucks as Ive driven Ill stick with my antique ford steering/suspension, the IFS rides like **** to me, either that or its the whole truck in general.
You want to see no room? This damn jeep in my garage has a TBI 350 in it and that has NO room left.
Just about the same concept!!!

The Traverse and Acadia are ****. I don't like them at all. I like GM trucks, but, their cars, eh... Said to say since I'm a GM guy. But, to each their own.

You wanna talk about poor oil filter placement, Toyota is THE worst! They are totally ****** dumb when it comes to that ****. I just LOVE those stupid plastic cartridge filter that caps, that everyone over tightens. Had one in last week. Had to get a new one from the dealer in town because some jackass at Jiffylube musta used a 1/2" impact on the fucker.

I actually love to do the 2v 5.4 plug repairs. You can really fly through them, and it's almost fun. Lol. Best way I've found to do the 3v is when the engine is screaming hot, so the plugs don't stay bonded to the head.

Tbi, that was perhaps the best fuel management system ever, imo. Hardly ever went bad, and made good power considering it's desighn. I miss it. I have a 350 TBI "K" engine sitting in the shop now, waiting for a project car...

BMW, another car with zero room to work on the engine.

VW, have to remove the whole front end to get at the timing belt.

Chrystler, need I say more?

Daewoo, daewhat? lol

Ive had a couple chevy trucks that are only like 3 years old and the one of the cams refused to move much if at all. Got lucky though and was able to use what movement they had and the other one for that arm and get everything in spec. With as many newer trucks as Ive driven Ill stick with my antique ford steering/suspension, the IFS rides like **** to me, either that or its the whole truck in general.

Just about the same concept!!!

Where are you again? I've only ever had a couple that the eccentics where frozen in the bushings. Mostly I see worn out bushings in them. Most of my customers take their trucks off road, and surprisingly none have frozen bolts. I absolutely hate solid axle. I've always compared a Ford to an old worn out quarry truck. Just keep jockying the wheel side to side and she'll go straght, reguardless of how perfect I got the alignment. (I'm anal about alignments, too). Dodge rides better, imo, because of the coil overs, but, they cannot hold a toe adjustment to save their ass. I have no complaints about my trucks IFS. It puts me to sleep it's so smooth, and it handles like a sports car (helps it's a std cab long bed w/8.1L).

Latest posts

Back