start button not working...VERY FRUSTRATED

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucasislight

Reaction score
this problem has to be simple to fix but it has me TOTALLY STUMPED. new solenoid, battery is good, starter is good. borrowed a working start button from a 04 wolverine and still nothing, it has to be something with the start button circuit. i have a wiring diagram but it is gibberish to me. jumping the terminals on the solenoid works to start it, so i know there is power there. i am clueless when it comes to electrical stuff, i know the basics, and am pretty mechanically inclined, i just need someone who has a clue to point me in the right direction, i have checked connections, etc, they look fine. what could cause this problem? ??? i am sick of carrying a wire with me just to go riding.

I have the same problem and i thought it was the switch just never replaced it because everything else works just like yours. But now im second guessing myself... Id go through an check all your wires and clean up the connector and put them back together with di-electric grease. Check for breaks in the wires or parts that are rubbed off. I never had problem untill the last time i pressure washed... ever since then the button has been giving me **** untill it just quit. Ive taken it apart and cleaned it and still nothing.

i dont think its my button as i tried a working one and still nothing. i think it has to be in between the button and the solenoid. im going to go through the wiring again tomorrow, but this time with the di-electric grease. could the wiring harness be smoked internally where i cant see it?

I had this happen once. I'm not sure what caused what, but my starter button was fried as well as the wire in the harness that goes between the solenoid and starter button. I tested for continuity and there was none, so I just ran another wire along the original harness to fix the problem, and then put a used starter button back in.

Back