Standing them up

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockgrenade

Reaction score
I bought a NICE come-along for the shop, and am planning to mount it so I can lift these quads up by either the front or back (one side always stays on the ground). Would lifting these quads straight up damage anything? Don't get me wrong, I see pictures of you guys standing them up on the rear tires, but as far as oil and gas, am I putting anything in harm's way?

nope i snatch mine up on the rear grab bar all the time man i just cut the fuel and lift away. Never had any problems so far i also let it sit on 4 wheels for a couple mins to let the oil get back to where its going before i start it.

Other then turning off the fuel, start and run the quad, or open the drain scew in the float bowl, so the gas in the carb wont run into the filter. Also plugging the gas cap vent will help to prevent fuel from draining from there. Or, better yet, don't have a full tank of gas. One last thing, plug the crankcase vent so oil doen't run out of it.

It varies bike to bike. There is a seal behind the bearing under the vent nipple. If that seal is worn or dry, oil can leak out of the vent.

Back