SPUTTERS WHEN WET!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henroc

Reaction score
;DHEY GUYS!, DON'T KNOW WTF IS GOING ON W/ MY BIKE! :mad: THIS IS THE 2ND TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME. I WAS RIDING IN A TRAIL THIS FRIDAY AND THE BIKE JUST STARTED POPING AND TURNED OFF. TOOK ME AT LEAST 5MINUTES TO START IT BACK UP. FINALLY WHEN I DID ALL IT DID WAS SPUTTER! :'( BY THE TIME I GOT HOME WHICH IS LIKE WAS LIKE AN HOUR RIDE THE BIKE WAS FINE. ;D DON'T KNOW IF ITS BECAUSE OF THE SNOW CAUSE THERE WAS NOT MUCH THERE, BUT THE FIRST TIME I WAS ON A SHEET OF ICE THAT BROKE & THE BIKE WAS IN WATER AS DEEP AS THE TOP OF THE STATOR COVER. HAS ANYONE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM? IF SO WHAT IS IT? IF NOT WHAT COULD IT BE? THANX FOR ANY INFO YOU GUYS CAN HELP ME OUT WITH! ;D

i had the same problem a couple of years ago. for me it was the ignition coil. however, it could be the whole electrical system (like the cdi box, broken wires for the stator and cdi or even a bad ground). it wouldnt be the stator itself getting wet because it is sealed in that cover but it could be the wires coming from the stator. even when i would wash mine, it wouldnt start till it would dry. all it takes is a drop of water to short the system out to make it run like crap or not run at all

THANX FOR THE TIP! ;D TOOK THE HARNESS APART TODAY TODAY AND FOUND SOME SLIGHTLY CUT WIRES COMING OUT OF THE STATOR COVER. HOPEFULLY THAT WAS IT! THERE WAS SOME MORE LOCATED ON THE SAME HARNESS THAT WERE CUT BY THOSE LITTLE TABS THAT HOLD THE WIRING ONTO THE MOTOR. :cool: THANX AGAIN!!!!

Latest posts

Back