sputtering

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aces3

Reaction score
I took the wolvy to oswego (alot of dirt roads) had a chance to really open er up I never had any problems riding locally but heres the issue. When I hit my top speed it starts to sputter actually loose power. Also when I level off the accelerator so I am at a idle speed. Seems to run fine idling and when I give it some gas. I am thinking water in the fuel. I switched the fuel to reserve and it seemed to run flawless. I am not knowledgable yet about how the construction of fuel tanks. Would this be a good guess before I drain the tank and clean it or could it be the idle jet?

Thanks JIM

So it ran worse only at Oswego? Is it a big difference in elevation compared to where you normally ride?

I know I have had that problem when I went on a riding trip to a place that was about 1000ft higher than where I normally ride.

I thought of that but would that still cause it at idle speed. Any ways I drained the gas and gonna clean it out.(1400 miles still some original gas in there and never used reserve) I figured water could get in the over flow tube.I ride alot of wet areas. I'm headed back there next weekend and will see if thats it. Also since all the mods my air box doesn't seal tight anymore either so gonna pull that and fixer up too.

Yea it would affect it in all ranges of throttle. But its a good idea to do all those things you mentioned, and then go from there.

So this didn't help at all so its not fuel changed the plug and air seems to be good. I never noticed it before but it popps if you rev it up and hold it so the sputtering has always been there. Ok do I need to put a bigger jet in I have a 140 still a 142 from HMF or am I putting to much fuel in and choking it. Plug was black.looks like all my plugs look for lawn mowers ETC ETC

Sounds like you may be too rich, I'd go lower on the jet size and try that.

Back