Sputtering, backfiring, and dying

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt's_Lost

Reaction score
My raptor 350 has is giving me a headache. At idle it spits out the intake like it did before I put jets in it, backfires when I rev it with about 2" blue flames, and when I go to ride it, it will die like it is running out of gas, but will not fire back up without letting it sit for a good while. I have replaced the ENTIRE fuel system from the petcock to the carb. Though it was because the old one cracked and wasn't pulling a vacuum for the cv but that's not the case. I'm running an HMF slip on and an opened airbox, 155 main, 25 pilot, stock leak jet, and 2.5 out on the idle screw. Any ideas, saw in the faq that it could be the stator but I never had an issue with the battery unless I haven't been keeping up with the cold, I am running one of those cheap 18w 6in led bars in place of one of my headlights if that helps with anything.

I just found the problem about 10 min ago. The vent nipple on my gas cap got plugged, put a new one on and it’s been going fine so far.

Latest posts

Back