Sprocket alignment

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We1Dont7Die

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips for properly aligning the rear housing adjustment? I have just replaced my chain and sprockets. Although everything looks straight while spinning the tires, theres sections of the chain which are tight. Since this is a new chain, I wouldn't suspect it was stretched so maybe the sprockets are out of alignment. Any input is appreciated.

Its not lined up when you tightened the chain up, one side is tighter than the other if that makes sense? You have the two adjusters under there, if one is offset of the other then of course the rear sprocket won't be lined perfect with the front. The tight spot you feel every so often is the chain adjusters being unperfect with each other.

I'm well aware dirtrider which is why I am asking for some tips on how to get these adjusted properly. To the naked eye it looks straight.

I just mentioned incase it slipped your mind or you missed it, other than useing the factory lines and marks its the only way I know your adjusted and lined right. Mine has a old worn chain and sprocket set and it has a couple spots it gets tight when spun around.

start from the end and count your turns on the adjusting bolts, make sure both of them are set the same amount of turns

Latest posts

Back