Spring weight question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spdfrk1990

Reaction score
Does anyone know how heavy of a rider the raptor 350 is sprung for? Someone said the raptor 700 was sprung for a 160lb rider which concerns me cause I would think the 350 would be even less. I would say im average for an adult are they setting these things up for little kids I guess?
Where would I get different springs for me? I would think that would require different valving in the shocks also for the stiffer springs or else it will ride too rough.

You can always get the 2001 raptor 660 rear shock. im about 220lbs and i jump the warrior and all kinds of stuff and i cannot bottom the shock out. And even with me jumping on the grab bar i still cant bottom it out.

whoever you talked to is smoking crack... from what i remember, stock suspension for a warrior is rated at 220lbs.. but i could be wrong. if you have the manual for it, it should list it

Stock suspension isn't like aftermarket, it doesn't get set up for a specific rider weight. It's set up so it's a decent compromise for average weight riders, on either extreme of the spectrum you might find it too soft or too stiff but the preload adjustment can help with that.

Back