Splitting the cases and some questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbullfrog63

Reaction score
Im getting ready to replace the crank on my 2003 warrior. Whenever im ready to split the two halves apart, which side is the crank and transmission going to stay in? The half that houses the flywheel, or the half that houses the clutch?

Any other tips or tricks are greatly appreciated. Im sure there are a few threads about this subject and i've tried searching but the search function is very picky on here. It would be great if someone could enlighten me on how to find stuff on here.

Again, thanks for your time and info.

I though i would add that i have a manual, cause i have a feeling somebody would tell me to go buy one. Im just a little confused about it all.

When I split mine I pulled the flywheel and put the cover back on and rested the motor on that side of the case. Then go to the other side and pull everything off of the crank, and also the clutch and basket need to come off, Also Something that scared me, was when you acutally split the cases all of the gears will rest in the other side case, but be careful with the shift forks and the fork rods, one of mine stayed in the other half that was removed and I didnt relize it and thought I lost ****..lol, Also one more thing when reassembling you need to line up the crank balancer and crank, there is 2 gears with dots they will need to be facing eachother. Let us know if there is anything else, Also there is a motor build section on here and someone does have lots of pictures that I acutally used with reassembleing my motor!!

Thanks a lot for the tips. I got the cases split this weekend, cleaned everything, and sweated the crank and new bearings into the cases. Finally got everything back together, just have to put the stuff back in the side cases (clutch, crank/balancer gears, oil pump, and flywheel) Overall everything went pretty smooth except for the reverse cam. It fell out when the cases split and i had a hard time finguring out how to get it back in and working. I got it figured it out though.

Thanks again

yeah anytime. Did you make sure and line up the crank balancer with the crank??.. Just something to not forget, otherwise the motor will come apart because of vibration

Overall everything went pretty smooth except for the reverse cam. It fell out when the cases split and i had a hard time finguring out how to get it back in and working. I got it figured it out though

same thing happend to me lol

Yea i got the crank and balancer gears lined up dot to dot, so everything should be good there. Right now i've got everything put back together except for the clutch and the flywheel. Im waiting on both of those things to come in the mail, should be tomorrow. My starter clutch was going bad (knocking when you tried to start it and then free spinning) so i bought a flywheel/starter clutch off ebay and it ended up being junk, appearently the guy didnt know how to test it. So i ordered another one, and we'll have to see how that ends up.

Back